Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here is an old interview Eyal Lalo, owner of Invicta watchesfrom 2000.

The interview was done by Richard Page from www.timezone.com

It is very interesting reading to look at questions and answers from 9 years ago and see if the thinking has changed over the decade.

You can read the intereview at http://www.timezone.com/library/tzints/tzints0014
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,341 Posts
imported post

good read........for the sake of others, i wont make my comments known, but it was good to read nonetheless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
imported post

I for one would love to hear your comments Don

I read the article and its amazing how EL has been consistent in his concern for listening to his customer base - i think he's a pretty smart guy

what amzed me when i first read this article was that although years ago it was a swiss watch company -its genesis here is that its really not and they dont (or didnt then) sell/market in Europe

i found that very interesting indeed!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,341 Posts
imported post

gjimenez wrote:
I for one would love to hear your comments Don

I read the article and its amazing how EL has been consistent in his concern for listening to his customer base - i think he's a pretty smart guy

what amzed me when i first read this article was that although years ago it was a swiss watch company -its genesis here is that its really not and they dont (or didnt then) sell/market in Europe

i found that very interesting indeed!!
hey george, its best i leave my comments out of it, to not upset others, ..........if you really want to know some of my opinions, you can always pm me.........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I think that the one consistant thing you can say is that he was always a hard core marketing person. He pushed the brand in all avenues and had the foresight to use the TV channel to sell his product. This is not saying anything about the quality, or how it is made - this is ONLY talking about the marketing of the product. No one can argue that his approach and the direction he took the company has been a successful one. Whether you like the brand or not it is hard to argue with that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
imported post

yes his marketing has been exceptional - you gotta remember that interview appears to have been right before the SHOPNBC explosion (i think they were still valuevision back in 2000)

what impressed me is he was smart enough to listen to what people wanted/needed for his product line and has been pretty successful in selling to "middle class America"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Right, and let's be 100% honest. Invicta is mass producing watches..for the masses. Yes they have some higher end models, but even in that interview he states that what they were doing was making affordable versions of expensive watches. For the most part that has remained true about the company. Again this has NOTHING to do whether you like the brand or not, it is just a statement about the marketing/selling/promotion of the product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
imported post

I agree and i see them the same as i see Seiko, Citizen, Timex, etc - all fine brands with low, mid, and higher end pieces in their product lines

they never claim to be Ltd Edition vendors like Other MFG who seem to bring out LE's on every model and then change up a few things to bring out a (basically modified) NEW MODEL LE

of which brand i will not own due to price point!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

As long as they stand behind their product I will continue to buy things from them. Just do me right is what's important.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
imported post

i had 1 problem on an Invicta watch and i just sent it back to SHOPNBC -i wasnt going to play the CS game because at that time their CS didnt sound so good

so i returned a deffective watch - my choice - i'm sure if i would have gone the other route things would havebeen alright eventually



UKWolfeman wrote:
As long as they stand behind their product I will continue to buy things from them. Just do me right is what's important.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

Just makes me a little shaky about them is all. I wish I would have really looked at this when it was first posted. Gives one a lot to think about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
imported post

yes i understand but i wouldnt lose any sleep over it - just dont spend TAG money on an Invicta - and you should be ok

i have a bunch of their watches with no problems = so far!!





UKWolfeman wrote:
Just makes me a little shaky about them is all. I wish I would have really looked at this when it was first posted. Gives one a lot to think about.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Wolfe - you can find questions about every watch company if you look hard enough. You should be fine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Wolfe - you can find questions about every watch company if you look hard enough. You should be fine.
You are definitely right about that....if you dig on anything you will eventually find dirt somewhere.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top