Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Long Time Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon is now listing a "T-Engine" watch that has a Seiko Epson PX85A Kinetic GMT movement. 3 color combinations listed and the one with the blue and red bezel along with the red tipped 24 hour hand is a close style and colors copy of my 1960s first model Rolex GMT Master watch, originally bought new by me circa 1967 or so when I was a USN E6. I still have the Rolex so was able to do a direct comparison between the two watches. The "T-Engine" is virtually identical appearing except for overall size, larger, and the presence of the typical Seiko Kinetic power reserve check button. Also the crown is not locking. The watch does charge successfully using the Seiko KineticYT02A Energy supplier so s definitely a Kinetic movement.

The watch itself is a all stainless steel unit with a glass visual case back and a all machined parts link bracelet in the Rolex style. Bracelet assembly pins are machined and have a slotted end for removal with a included jeweler's screwdriver. The bracelet is actually better than the original Rolex one which was of stamped sheet metal construction. I upgraded the Rolex bracelet to a later machined links Rolex diver's watch model. Overall the T-Engine watch seems to be very nice and well finished for the price. The model I bough currently lists for circa $119.

Super Moderator
Hi Astronut, 馃榾 Boy oh boy, you weren鈥檛 kidding about this being
an interesting watch ! 馃槻馃槑 It looks just fantastic to be completely
honest with you. ..I mean first off it is like your Rolex, but then has
almost an Omega Ploprof thing happening at the same time. It鈥檚
really so unique, and how about that price?! 馃槷 I鈥檓 not sure I鈥檝e
ever seen a GMT watch for such a reasonable price out there.

Wow, neat stuff ! ..Can鈥檛 thank you enough for the post, as well
as look !!!

Long Time Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Atomic Tom; Looking on Amazon there are cheaper or similarly priced GMT watches, both Quartz and Auto wind mechanical. However based on reviews it looks like quality is too variable. I am kind of addicted to the Seiko Kinetic movement as both very accurate and with Seiko quality control. I have multiple Kinetic movement watches dating back to 2 Bulova models bought new 30 years or so ago for about $25 each, on a department store discount watches rack. The Seiko Epson Kinetics are about the most accurate non radio synchronized watches I have ever owned and I have Bulova, Seiko and Pulsar versions. All can be wound with the Seiko YT02A Energy Supplier.

Super Moderator
Atomic Tom; Looking on Amazon there are cheaper or similarly priced GMT watches, both Quartz and Auto wind mechanical. However based on reviews it looks like quality is too variable. I am kind of addicted to the Seiko Kinetic movement as both very accurate and with Seiko quality control. I have multiple Kinetic movement watches dating back to 2 Bulova models bought new 30 years or so ago for about $25 each, on a department store discount watches rack. The Seiko Epson Kinetics are about the most accurate non radio synchronized watches I have ever owned and I have Bulova, Seiko and Pulsar versions. All can be wound with the Seiko YT02A Energy Supplier.
Definitely seems like these beauties are possibly the cream of the crop in
the affordable GMT realm Astronut. 馃檪 ..Between the non cookie cutter
cutter design, and the kinetic movement, it all seems to add up to a really
cool combination. Not to mention, one you, or we would think would put
quite a big dent in the wallet. But instead you get maximum cool, as well
as bang for the buck it looks like. (y)(y)

I can see why this watch caught your eye. Along with why these kinetic
movements are so attractive to you. 馃槈

Long Time Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course if willing to go digital LCD then dual time watches with 24 hour display options are dirt cheap. Casio currently has one listed on Amazon for under $20 with a 10 year expected battery life, multiple alarms, perpetual calendar, chronograph function and night time illumination. Amazing what electronics has done.

Super Moderator
It really is amazing, you are so right Astronut. 馃檪

With all of the capabilities of that one, along with toughness, one
could wear that watch non stop for a decade, and have a smile on
your face the entire time. Plus since they are so affordable at the
same time, you could add the T-Engine as the icing on the cake. 馃榾

..Seriously, both watches offer some terrific bang for the buck !!
Have to thank you again for not only tracking these two down,
but also posting them up !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts