Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I regulate this watch for time? There are 2 hair springs, 1. Towards the crown with 2 levers for beat correction and speed, 2. Away from the crown with the same 2 levers.

Shoulder Neck Sleeve Orange Pink

Super Moderator
Bumping this up so maybe someone who can give some insight will
see this sir. 馃槈馃檪By the way, I may not be able to help you with this,
but let me just say how cool this pictures is ! 馃樀馃榾

Here's hoping someone can help you out Lawyer Aidroos. (y)(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank God, you're a God send AtomicTom. God willing I'll either regulate this as intended or destroy it in the process and it'll end up at the regular AD's tech space.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Accutronitis May I kindly request your audience here? I have never regulated an open heart, more so this is a double open heart on a Chinese movement without any instructions. I don't want to remove the hands and then reattach them, with my mediocre non existent skills I bend them. Since the seconds hand does not hack.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck, I was only commenting because it looks like your photo was taken on a red planet.
Curtains for this week are red in our bedroom. With sunlight kissing them since it's east facing a red light is emmited heavily.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No you weren't. This guy obviously has a regulating problem. Dude leave your watches alone please... 馃榿
Hello Forza,
I left it as is. The movement to case holding screws were torqued more than the precision screw drivers can handle. God willing I'll get it regulated elsewhere.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
God willing the needed regulation was carried out. Very tricky.
Watch White Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Watch Automotive lighting Gas Rim Auto part

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive wheel system

I have been here before, but could not dislodge the movement from the case. Ingersoll has designed the case ring around the movement which locks it permanently in place. There are 2 screws holding the Jing He JLS15 from rotating, as well as the crown stem (minorly). Coming to the regulation, it was very painful and dangerous. I removed the rotor, as seen in the pictures.
To regulate time:
1. Where the two open hearts intersect, you will find a sort of a regulator turn able switch, turn to the left the left heart stops, turn to the right the heart towards the right stops. We want the one closest to the crown for beat error and time speed.
2. Since we will be on the back side, the crown would be on our left if the heart is down ward, twist the lever to the left using tweezers (special tool is available, but I'm not investing).
3. Now with the heart stopped, for plus speed go clock wise, and for minus speed go anticlockwise.
4. Beat error can be corrected the same as any regular watch.

*Note the regulation will require a toothpick, which will be entered from the case back up until the crystal, passing through the open dial portion. High chances of touching the hair spring, have to be steady. In Blinger/Binger watches, this same movement is held using a plastic ring, so it can be removed from the case.

God willing I hope no one has to learn this the hard way. This movement is cheap garbage quality. The screws holding the movement from sliding cracked in half due to the factory torque applied. So I'm down half a screw now.

For aesthetics I have decided to leave the calibre sans the rotor.

I could not place this on the time graphing computer as I don't have any data to understand the correct lift angle. Beats 21600 per hour (vibrations). The heart away from the crown controls the beat rate, which can be changed, but I don't understand how with 2 levers.

Thank you all for reading. Ingersoll offered a lifetime warranty with this piece. In case it ceases to work, we get a replacement movement, or a new watch. I don't think I'll be claiming it, with such inferior quality. NH35 is far more accurate and strong. Better invest in a homage. For the same price Tissot Chronometer watches are available on Ashford.

Long Time Member
Haha, I love the phrase 鈥淕od willing鈥. We take things so seriously.

Sad to hear all the drama with this movement. I still don鈥檛 understand how it works.

Super Moderator
(y)(y) And I also love your determination Lawyer Aidroos.馃弳馃;)

Your focus, along with willingness to learn is just phenomenal. Plus
you never quit until you get answers. It's so great to see, plus is so
much fun to see as well. ..Oh, and P.S. I love your passion too,
I forgot to mention that ! :)

Thanks a ton for the update on this !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
(y)(y) And I also love your determination Lawyer Aidroos.馃弳馃;)

Your focus, along with willingness to learn is just phenomenal. Plus
you never quit until you get answers. It's so great to see, plus is so
much fun to see as well. ..Oh, and P.S. I love your passion too,
I forgot to mention that ! :)

Thanks a ton for the update on this !!!
Sir AtomicTom, you're always around to uplift our spirit. You keep us going God willing. You and reflex make this forum a place for us to have fun. As do plenty of other members like Accutronitis, Forza, DB, FBPB, Gary, Roarry and more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha, I love the phrase 鈥淕od willing鈥. We take things so seriously.

Sad to hear all the drama with this movement. I still don鈥檛 understand how it works.
Servicing this movement is out of question now. There is an indentation to open the case face up along with the crystal and bezel. I I tried with a precision screw driver, but it just made marks until the Rose Gold polish scrapped off and stainless Steel inside showed clearly. Perhaps that is the only way to push the movement out through the dial. But then again, with this fragile quality, I don't want to try more. It will just end up as a paper weight.

Super Moderator
Sir AtomicTom, you're always around to uplift our spirit. You keep us going God willing. You and reflex make this forum a place for us to have fun. As do plenty of other members like Accutronitis, Forza, DB, FBPB, Gary, Roarry and more.
Well thank you once again sir. I'm kind of speechless, because I am the
one who's spirit is uplifted by you, and everyone. ..You guys are the ones
keeping the fun going, and going. (y)(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well thank you once again sir. I'm kind of speechless, because I am the
one who's spirit is uplifted by you, and everyone. ..You guys are the ones
keeping the fun going, and going. (y)(y)
What fun, Sir? I'm only good at destruction of watches and cars. Now I'm only interested in the Tissot Ballade Chronometer, something I won't need to regulate for 5 years or more, God willing.
Ingersoll went to someone special. I got it working to - 3 spd in face up position. It was not fit for my wrist, the longer watches stay with me, they end up as paper weight unless they are quartz.

Super Moderator
What fun, Sir? I'm only good at destruction of watches and cars. Now I'm only interested in the Tissot Ballade Chronometer, something I won't need to regulate for 5 years or more, God willing.
Ingersoll went to someone special. I got it working to - 3 spd in face up position. It was not fit for my wrist, the longer watches stay with me, they end up as paper weight unless they are quartz.

馃槃馃榿But it's fun taking apart those watches, as well as cars, and on top
of that, you're learning with each project sir. I can't think of anything more
fun. :)(y) Unfortunately I've always been wary about fooling around with
my watches. I get them, and maybe, just maybe change a strap. But most
times don't even do that. 馃槉However, you have real courage, and love
seeing what makes things tick, and I love that.

Although it sounds like the Tissot won't give you much of a chance to mess
around with it. What an impressive watch ! ..Something else impressive, as
well as heart warming is hearing that you not only got the Ingersoll working,
but then gave it to someone. 馃巵..That is too cool of you Lawyer Aidroos !!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
馃槃馃榿But it's fun taking apart those watches, as well as cars, and on top
of that, you're learning with each project sir. I can't think of anything more
fun. :)(y) Unfortunately I've always been wary about fooling around with
my watches. I get them, and maybe, just maybe change a strap. But most
times don't even do that. 馃槉However, you have real courage, and love
seeing what makes things tick, and I love that.

Although it sounds like the Tissot won't give you much of a chance to mess
around with it. What an impressive watch ! ..Something else impressive, as
well as heart warming is hearing that you not only got the Ingersoll working,
but then gave it to someone. 馃巵..That is too cool of you Lawyer Aidroos !!
Sir AtomicTom, your words are kind. But my skill is still mediocre with watches. God willing I do plan to get more watches. But this time around only chronometer certified watches. I can never be able to regulate them to such a high precision level and perhaps focus more in other areas of life, a new hobby or a sport. My buddies don't play golf at the club anymore, I've picked up badminton ever since. Cars have been my hobby since childhood, that is in my DNA strands as are gaming computer builds. I spent most of my childhood with quartz swatch watches, prying them open along with Timex ironman watches, the alarm used to chime using a tiny spring. I used to love messing with those tiny silicon Timex boards. Mechanical watches are a whole different monster, very unique and require immense patience. It's been 5 months since I learnt how to regulate watches, I'm still not good at it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts