Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has given Ingersoll watches wrist time. I didn't know they made timepieces until stumbling across an ad for a nice looking automatic.

I've got a warm spot for the brand. My dad retired from Ingersoll-Rand and they've been good to him. I'm thinking about picking one of these up for his Bday.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Little follow up; after some research, it appears Ingersoll and Ingersoll-Rand are unrelated firms.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Their site simply states the movement as "automatic" which doesn't help much. Any other information available regarding the movement?

·
Super Moderator
10,390 Posts
Unfortunately haven't had experience with Ingersoll Auto. But have
always thought their watches were extremely eye-catching, and cool
from a distance. :cool2: :thumb: Just all of the open heart, and skeletonized
dials are terrific to see. But then they have classic looking beauties
like that model you are showing !

Even if the two companies aren't the same, I think your father
would get a kick out of seeing Ingersoll on his watch.

Happy Birthday to him !!! :clap2:

·
Registered
357 Posts
They used to make a reasonable quality watch many years ago. In fact I have owned a few vintage pieces which I have since moved on. The present day ones are produced in China, which in it's self isn't a problem, however, there is no information on the movement used, which is always a bit worrying.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
They used to make a reasonable quality watch many years ago. In fact I have owned a few vintage pieces which I have since moved on. The present day ones are produced in China, which in it's self isn't a problem, however, there is no information on the movement used, which is always a bit worrying.
Probably a Seagull movement which isn't bad.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Upon further investigation, this seems to be a giant rip-off company, charging $700 for a watch touted to be made in Switzerland and only has an ETA Quartz Movement and a mineral crystal?

Caveat Emptor!

https://www.ingersoll1892.com/the-trenton-swiss-made-t07601.html
Yikes! I was looking at a $190 piece on Amazon. Regardless, think I'll pass. Not being the same company that the ol' man worked for sort of makes it moot.

As usual, thanks for the helpful insight fellas!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Nice detective work Chaz. Guess the detective in you never really retired. :biggrin1:
Never, ever! That inheritance my wife has coming, well some flim-flam Shyster tried to pull a fast one on that, and a few calls to some friends back in Illinois who are a Judge and an Attorney Generals Investigator straightened that clown out, and all of a sudden, Viola, a ton of dough is found to present to the Probate Judge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts