Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very pumped about this one after my friend told me it wears smaller than advertised. Hoping I love it. Had s blue wave Sawtooth but I wasn't feeling it for some reason even if it was beautiful.

Also got this coming from Xerfa in Spain cus I've always wanted a Nauticfish but this is more eye candy for me. Has an ETA 2836-2 but I would've want it if it had any Asian engine too.

Haven't had any updates from correos.es since Wednesday. Anyone have any experiences with Spain's postal service ? ? ?

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
This watch changed my mind about Seiko Kinetics, sapphire crystal, screw down crown, 100m WR, true GMT function.

There is something about a kinetic that gives it a little more "soul", for the lack of a better word, then a solar or battery quartz model.

It requires active participation on your part to keep it running, and I think that is the essence of bonding between a watchfreek and his time piece.

Or maybe I'm just nuts?

·
Banned
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This watch changed my mind about Seiko Kinetics, sapphire crystal, screw down crown, 100m WR, true GMT function.

There is something about a kinetic that gives it a little more "soul", for the lack of a better word, then a solar or battery quartz model.

It requires active participation on your part to keep it running, and I think that is the essence of bonding between a watchfreek and his time piece.

Or maybe I'm just nuts?

I love your passion and choice of words about your Beautiful Kinetic GMT there !
I never really felt great about letting go of a Pepsi BFK in a trade to try my first Frogman that I ended up selling within weeks cus I wasn't feeling the all red theme. I concur with your feelings.

I remember checking in on the BFK occasionally and pressing on that button to check out charge. Almost like having just one fish that needs attention in my small aquarium. My little beta !

I was told this Kinetic movement is improved from the BFK's but can't remember exactly how. Something about the required maintenance or something. Can't remember.

Do you know ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Spain has a Postal Service? Who knew. I lived there for 15 years ( Costa del Sol) and between, Siestas, Holy Days, Saints days, 2 week vacation for Christmas, a full month of summer vacation oh, and two weeks for Easter , I would just grab a bottle of Rioja and say to myself "mañana" !

Looking forward to seeing it when it does arrive.
Cheers
Derek

·
Banned
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone !

Yowza, those are two beauties Luis !! :eek: :eek: Love how the Seiko is both but of this world, and classic at the same time. ..Also have never seen the Xerfa before. Really does have that NauticFish feel ! Double congratulations ahead of time Luis !
Thanks a lot, Tom. I had never seen this brand until someone posted one with blue hand two Friday's ago, on Saturday I bought one from Xerfa and the hurry up and wait process started. The also have a version without carbon fiber if anyone is interested. The other with the blue hand, has a carbon fiber dial.

I'm still surprised at how quick it all happened from never seeing one to pulling trigger.

·
Banned
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spain has a Postal Service? Who knew. I lived there for 15 years ( Costa del Sol) and between, Siestas, Holy Days, Saints days, 2 week vacation for Christmas, a full month of summer vacation oh, and two weeks for Easter , I would just grab a bottle of Rioja and say to myself "mañana" !

Looking forward to seeing it when it does arrive.
Cheers
Derek
As a Puerto Rican/Colombian with some Spain blood line, that sounds really tempting. Wow 15 years !
Mañana !

·
Banned
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Both very nice but...where is the incoming "battery powered watch" :confused:
I apologize. I obviously hasn't done my homework. I thought the Kinetic uses a battery that is charged by the movement of your wrist.
That was my understanding when I had the Pepsi Kinetic. I was told it would need something to be replaced every 8-10 years. Forgot that something's name right now.

No battery on this Kinetic then ?

·
17,073 Posts
I apologize. I obviously hasn't done my homework. I thought the Kinetic uses a battery that is charged by the movement of your wrist.

That was my understanding when I had the Pepsi Kinetic. I was told it would need something to be replaced every 8-10 years. Forgot that something's name right now.

No battery on this Kinetic then ?

You're correct Luis. It's a Quartz movement powered by a rechargeable battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,222 Posts
Thank you everyone !

Thanks a lot, Tom. I had never seen this brand until someone posted one with blue hand two Friday's ago, on Saturday I bought one from Xerfa and the hurry up and wait process started. The also have a version without carbon fiber if anyone is interested. The other with the blue hand, has a carbon fiber dial.

I'm still surprised at how quick it all happened from never seeing one to pulling trigger.
You're very welcome Luis. :) Man, that really is something how everything turned out. ..It's great when things come together like this. :smile-thumb: Going to be awesome sir !!! Congratulations once again, and thank YOU !

·
Long Time Member
1,025 Posts
Luis, so jealous on the Xerfa. I saw one about a year ago for sale on WUS and that was the first time for me. I think a few folks were critical of the design in the thread you are eluding to, but I myself, love it. I'd still love to have a blue one. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Congrats.

Man, I've always loved that Nautifish case. First time I'm hearing about Xerfa so thanks for posting.

That GMT Seiko is a beast. Enjoy. That would've been on my buy list, but I've already got one Kintetic in my colleciton and it so hard to keep it charged up with owning more than one watch.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.