Watch Freeks banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Sorry, never fun to wait. Particularly when a bunch of WFs got their watches... you feel screwed.

Frans' 1970 had an issue and he sent it back too and had to wait it out, (I don't think he'd mind me saying so :unsure:).
Thanks. I'd sure like to talk to Fran's and understand what his issue was, how long he had to wait, and what his experience was like with DH customer service.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Update on the 1970:

Last week: They were supposed to have shipped a new watch to me by the end of the week. They didn't.

Yesterday: I contacted them again and was told that they have asked their team to ship the new watch to me ASAP. I also sent an email to Dan expressing my concerns with the delay and requested that he ship a new watch to me in the next couple of days or issue a full refund to me.

Today: I expected a shipment notification with tracking number but received nothing, not even a response from Dan to my email. Nothing at all.

They've had the defective watch (never worn by me) for over a week now and still haven't shipped a new one to me. In my mind they should have a shipped a new watch to me as soon as they received the defective one. They've already shipped a defective watch to their customer that he's had to return.......why inconvenience him even more? I don't get it.

Thanks for reading. I guess I just need to vent my frustrations. Do you guys have any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Thanks. I'd sure like to talk to Fran's and understand what his issue was, how long he had to wait, and what his experience was like with DH customer service.
I have responded to your PM!

Reactions: rh747m

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
So sorry about all the stress of this Rob. 🙁😟Seriously was thinking
that this week was going to be a much better one, and that you're watch
would already be there. Or at least shipped out right?! ..All I can say,
is that you have being doing all the right things the whole time, and love
that you have kept us informed on everything.

I just hope that all of this turns out well, and that things get resolved
one way or the other. So neat that Frans is shining a light by the way. 🙂

Try to stay positive Rob, and thanks so much for keeping us updated !

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
So sorry about all the stress of this Rob. 🙁😟Seriously was thinking
that this week was going to be a much better one, and that you're watch
would already be there. Or at least shipped out right?! ..All I can say,
is that you have being doing all the right things the whole time, and love
that you have kept us informed on everything.

I just hope that all of this turns out well, and that things get resolved
one way or the other. So neat that Frans is shining a light by the way. 🙂

Try to stay positive Rob, and thanks so much for keeping us updated !
Thanks Tom! There's some light at the end of the tunnel today. I've been talking to their CS people again today and I'm being told the new watch will be shipped out tomorrow. I certainly hope so!!

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
It will work out. No self respecting brand wants this. Because of events in my personal life, mishaps like these have become a minor inconvenience. The other super compressor style watch I own also arrived with an issue: the dial was rotated a couple of degrees to the right. So back it went and I had to wait again. The only aspect of the issue I had with my Dan Henry was that it had escaped quality control. It was very obvious but no one had noticed it and my question on this matter remains unanswered.

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Thanks Tom! There's some light at the end of the tunnel today. I've been talking to their CS people again today and I'm being told the new watch will be shipped out tomorrow. I certainly hope so!!
Don't mention it, and holy cow, that is great news ! :) Seems like we
are finally getting somewhere sir. It will be terrific if it gets out, and on
it's way to you. 😀😉Am thinking that it really was that they were very
busy. Or maybe just didn't have the help they needed to help sort all
of this out Rob.

Will keep my fingers crossed, but sounds like some definite light at the
end of this tunnel.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
It will work out. No self respecting brand wants this. Because of events in my personal life, mishaps like these have become a minor inconvenience. The other super compressor style watch I own also arrived with an issue: the dial was rotated a couple of degrees to the right. So back it went and I had to wait again. The only aspect of the issue I had with my Dan Henry was that it had escaped quality control. It was very obvious but no one had noticed it and my question on this matter remains unanswered.
Interesting. I am also concerned about my issue and how their QC missed it. I can go to the local Walmart and pick up a $25 watch and chances are there won't be any scratches on the case. I'm really hoping the new one doesn't have any QC issues.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Interesting. I am also concerned about my issue and how their QC missed it. I can go to the local Walmart and pick up a $25 watch and chances are there won't be any scratches on the case. I'm really hoping the new one doesn't have any QC issues.
And PVD is supposed to prevent scratching. I have seen good and bad PVD jobs. I really hope this was just a freak coincidence.😐

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
And PVD is supposed to prevent scratching. I have seen good and bad PVD jobs. I really hope this was just a freak coincidence.😐
Me too. I was shocked to see it. I'm guessing many people don't notice them or don't worry about small scratches when they see them.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Arrived this afternoon......finally!! 😊
No scratches on this one but I was surprised there was no protective cover on the crystal or the strap buckle. Just wound it and set the time/date. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Come to think of it, I don't know that my examples had protective coverings either. I think they did on the crystals but... not sure.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Come to think of it, I don't know that my examples had protective coverings either. I think they did on the crystals but... not sure.
The first 1970 (the one I returned) had protective coverings on the crystal, case back, and strap buckle and was scratched. This one was missing two of the three protective coverings and was not scratched. Go figure!!!

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I almost thought you were going to add the first one had a plastic covering over the scratch :D Look forward to seeing it. I don't think any WF has yet owned a PVD 1970!

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Woohoo, that is fantastic news Rob !!! :D ;)

Can't say enough how happy I am that everything worked out. (y)(y)
I know you, and all of us were getting more than a little worried.
Sending you an ENORMOUS congrats there !!!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Hey man... It looks great. (WRUW) I like the way they still polished portions of the case differently even though it has a PVD coating. Well, you certainly earned some good luck with this one. Congrats and enjoy.🥳

81 - 100 of 108 Posts