Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What make, model and why.......and the worst?

For me the best would be my Renato Stallion. Awesome workmanship, design and comfort.

The worst would be some of the older Rolex's....man, they felt really cheap.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

The black and silver SS bracelet on my SAS is pretty nice.

worst - so many - starting with every Kenneth Cole or Guess watch that was given to me as a gift, lol

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Since I don't own a Venom on a bracelet, I'm going to have to go with the bracelet of one of my Reserve XL Speedways as the best. I love the extreme width and detailed etching. It looks like they put some serious time into the design and execution. I won't list my worse since I traded the watch away almost as quickly as I got it AND it's a very popular piece here and on Geeks. It was very light and flimsy. It made me feel like I was holding a $25 watch. I liked the case though.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I do have to add, that the bracelet on my Invicta Scuba is also extremely nice.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
The black and silver SS bracelet on my SAS is pretty nice.

worst - so many - starting with every Kenneth Cole or Guess watch that was given to me as a gift, lol
Oops...forgot about the SAS bracelet.......because I am wearing it DOH!!!! I was looking in my watch boxes when trying to decide and totally forgot about it...again since I was wearing it..stupid...stupid....:q It is clearly a quality bracelet with great looks!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

This has to be the ugliest bracelet I have ever seen!

Oops! I didn't notice you meant watch bracelet!

OK here is the ugliest watch bracelet!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Metal Bracelets -

GOOD= SOLID END LINKS - also WIDE BRACELETS -like the Speedway XL mentioned by Tuna -very nice!!

BAD= NON solid end links - most of these click & clank all over the place - cant stand it -some brands have improved this and make them tighter

Rubber Sttraps

GOOD = SUBAQUA NOMA III -really heavy duty
BAD= cheap lint picking up straps

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Best to date.........Renato wildebeast rubber integration.....just loved it. thick and wide, and it did not taper and it was still heavy with the rubber but not too heavy.......

worst.....really, there are so many, but i know the ocean ghost was right up there for me, stamped clasp, no solid end links, and it rattled......if they put that watch on a grand diver bracelet, it would have been great.........

so many others, the croton super c, basically anything that has stamped clasp and its thin and or flimsly........actually doesnt matter if its thin, as long as it was solidly constructed..

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I hate hollow links and folded links, what cheap @&^#%~!

·
Registered
26 Posts
imported post

Best bracelet is without a doubt the one on my auto Lupah diver folled closely by the one on my regular lupah. My Renato titanium WB is close. The wors would probably be on a Croton OTV I got awhile back the diver with the small quarts second dial on the bracelet.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Yeah, the old "folded-link" bracelets on vintage Rolex timepieces are just terrible after time. The stretch in the metal is just awful!

I like the bracelet that comes on the Accutron Vx-200 series.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

The Best is hard I have more then 1 for different reasons, so I will rate them #1 through #3!

Best
#1 Venom Bracelet (Best design)
#2 SAS (Most Comfortable)
#3 Speedy XL (Very well built)

Worst
#1 Super C (POS)
#2 Ocean Ghost (Thin and noisy)
#3 SWI Colosso (I liked nothing about the bracelet) Hell I liked nothing about the watch actually!!!

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

The bracelet on the Lupah Diver is very nice.

Haven't gotten any bad ones just a few so-so.

T.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Okay...I don't have a whole lot of bracelet watches...I am kind of a leather strap guy...but..here goes..

Okay...my Invicta Sea Spider and Corduba Ibiza's rubber and metal bracelets...very comfortable and I like wearing them. My SO Uptown Ozzie XL black IP bracelet is a fantastic bracelet....it's almost silky smooth....I just love wearing it!!!

I don't have any of the big, beefy watches with the huge heavy bracelets.

I do have an OG II with a gold tone bracelet. At first I was a little disappointed in the bracelet, but now it has grown on me and I enjoy the fact that it isn't really heavy.

And...whoooo hooo..this is post number 100 for me!!!!

Now I have to add these three watches as having really nice bracelets. The Renato Beast Dual Time...awesome bracelet...the Invicta Lupah Diver Bracelet is extremely nice and the Corduba Ibiza's rubber and SS black Ip bracelet keeps this watch from weighing too much.

·
Registered
263 Posts
imported post

I think the best bracelet I have seen would be on the Sea Rover.

Very industrial and masculine look to it.

Worst for me was an old ESQ, while it looked pretty, it would tug on my wrist hairs.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Most comfortable/Best Straps or Bracelets

1. SAN III on rubber (Most comfortable)

2. (tie) Chase Durer Crossfire (comfort)

2. (tie) Chase Durer Strike Force GMT Bracelet (comfort)

3. SAS (Best Design)

Least comfortable and least appealingto date only one which was my QRD was absolutely terrible to wear. Only rubber strap watch that I have ever owned that I couldn't get a comfortable fit with for some reason.

·
Registered
72 Posts
imported post

The bracelet on the SANIII hurt like hell to wear for a day.

Best bracelet I've owned is the watchadoo i put on the Seiko Monster.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts