Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Background:
Luis noted the other day in his post just how nice the Obris Morgan rubber straps were and for under $20 shipped. I only had enough money for a large soda at McDonald's (and maybe 3 or 4 free refills) really but of course, I had to find a twenty somewhere and try one of those OM rubbers at that kind of deal. I've come to trust Luis anyway for quite some time now so it was a genuine no-brainer for me (which is just what I needed).

The Run Down:
Easy peasy transaction with Obris Morgan from start to finish with excellent communication and only about a week wait for international shipping. Like Luis had brought up in his post, its indeed very close in quality to an isofrane/Armidafrane/Helsofrane rubber. Its thick, well made, nice length, correct lug width, great breathability and its immediately pliant and comfortable on the wrist. What more could you ask for at $19 shipped? That even left with me enough money to get the large soda and refills! Anyway, I picked up a blue 22mm and as luck would have it, it is a perfect blue match for my new Seiko that I've not taken off the wrist for several days now. The black OEM Seiko strap is now in the box and will not come back on it. Nothing wrong with it; the Obris Morgan strap is simply nicer looking and more comfortable without being as sweat-catching. It also doesn't have that wave pattern near the lugs that I have never cared for in some Seiko or even in some higher end Hirsch rubbers. No brainer here for me actually. Nice Seiko bonus with this big blue boy having drilled lug holes so I couldn't screw things up, too.

The Bottom Line:
In Luis, I trust!

The Pics:

Before...

After...

[URL=http://s335.photobucket.com/user/NG111/media/IMG_1700_zpsn1zez93r.jpg.html]

and a few outdoors for anyone who needs to see a more precise lighting/color:

·
11,577 Posts
Looks awesome!! Smoother, cleaner, better. Super Combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks perfect Nate.
Such a killer watch.
It totally is a wrist tank and I don't usually like wearing them as much as I do admiring them but this Seiko is different. Its very comfy and not as large wearing as its specs (thank goodness).

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
That looks very nice.
Not to copy you.
But...
I'm gonna copy you and try one of those. You really can't beat the look or the price.

Good choice, a perfect match. :)

·
Banned
754 Posts
That makes my day, Nate. Very happy it worked out. It's so easy to recommend something we love and this was No exception. It definitely matches perfectly with your Tuna and I also like it more than with original strap. I feel like we should all get one of each color we like because one day, today or months from now, we'll be happy we did. I need that blue, a black and orange in 22's when I stop buying so much soda and refills at the 7-eleven :)

Question: Is the bezel AND the shroud ceramic or which one of two?

This style of Tuna is becoming more eye candy to me every time I see one on FB. I love that it's considerably more affordable than the traditional Tunas. Plus the ceramic adds that worry free mentality that I love feeling when I wear something more scratch resistant, like a sapphire bezel, etc.

Reactions: Mesh Guy

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Great match!

One question though, is there a reason the strap is inside out? The plain side should be to the wrist, and the grooved side outward unless I am mistaken.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
perfect match. I have a orange one coming for the Orange monster you sold me that got snagged in customs/

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Great look with the new strap.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great match!

One question though, is there a reason the strap is inside out? The plain side should be to the wrist, and the grooved side outward unless I am mistaken.
Thats a great question. I chose to put it on this way. The strap and buckle actually come in separate baggies so I just assumed one could go with either side. I might just try it with the grooves out, now that you brought that up. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That makes my day, Nate. Very happy it worked out. It's so easy to recommend something we love and this was No exception. It definitely matches perfectly with your Tuna and I also like it more than with original strap. I feel like we should all get one of each color we like because one day, today or months from now, we'll be happy we did. I need that blue, a black and orange in 22's when I stop buying so much soda and refills at the 7-eleven :)

Question: Is the bezel AND the shroud ceramic or which one of two?

This style of Tuna is becoming more eye candy to me every time I see one on FB. I love that it's considerably more affordable than the traditional Tunas. Plus the ceramic adds that worry free mentality that I love feeling when I wear something more scratch resistant, like a sapphire bezel, etc.

I could use some help answering that question, Luis. My thinking is that the bezel is ceramic and the shroud is stainless steel with a ceramic coating. If someone else out there knows, please do correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,832 Posts
Wow Nate, check that out !!! :smile-thumb: Like you said, it's not that the Seiko strap didn't look nice. It's just that this one looks terrific with the watch ! :cool: Not only seems to be more comfortable, and sleek, but even plays off of the watch more. Details like the markers match up with the rectangular openings in the strap, and the shroud even pops more ! Very cool Nate. Congrats here !

·
6,080 Posts
Looks awesome!! Smoother, cleaner, better. Super Combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely agree! Never been a fan of those harmonica style straps (most of them are PU) and this really lifts the watch up! Great choice!

Reactions: #four
1 - 17 of 17 Posts