Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, at the moment, I'm in the position to make one last ridiculous purchase before I have to start setting up for Christmas presents and sitting aside money for investments such as a house or new car. Lol.

I have 3 major passions, and two are the only ones I can get instant gratification on. Those two are mountain bikes and watches. So, I did some comparisons, and broke it down to two things.

First:

Bulova 98B227 Precisionist. This just popped up on my radar looking for the moon watch. I do have it on my 2016 list, but it's priced low enough for me to go ahead and get, now.

The other is this:

I've been wanting this frame to build a proper downhill bike for about a year now. I have everything else, I just need a frame with more travel.

As of right now, both are the same price. On the 11th, the frame goes on sale, and drops to $266. I'm thinking the watch might go on sale in a bit, also.

So basically, what so you guys suggest? Buy the watch, but the frame, or buy neither and put my money into something smarter?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Smarter? Bah. Only live once, right? In this case - I say the frame. You live in an area to use it year-round. If you were in a snow climate I may advise otherwise. Then you have two months to save toward the Moonwatch. My two cents, at least.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I'd do the opposite of "smarter"....I'd buy 'em both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Might as well max out the credit cards before the world economic crash, why not?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jharvey- Thanks man. Yeah, I can pretty much ride year round out here. And I have enough parts to go from downhill bike to cross country bike in about an hour. Something I didn't quite think of.

#four- you have no idea how much I want to. Seriously, if the watch price drops by Wednesday, I'm getting both. Lol. But at that point, I could probably just combine the cost and put a moon watch on preorder... If I can. Lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
Smarter? Bah. Only live once, right? In this case - I say the frame. You live in an area to use it year-round. If you were in a snow climate I may advise otherwise. Then you have two months to save toward the Moonwatch. My two cents, at least.
+1 exactly my thoughts. Frame, FTW

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chazman- I just paid off two maxed out credit cards. One of them won't even take my money because I haven't made a payment that big in 6 months. Lol. I swear, they make no sense. March of this year, I did the exact same thing... But maxed it out for some girl I was dating... Learned my lesson. Lol.

Maybe I'll do more digging.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Chazman- I just paid off two maxed out credit cards. One of them won't even take my money because I haven't made a payment that big in 6 months. Lol. I swear, they make no sense. March of this year, I did the exact same thing... But maxed it out for some girl I was dating... Learned my lesson. Lol.

Maybe I'll do more digging.
Never EVER max out a card - especially for a woman. This excludes absolute emergency situations you can't do anything about. I gave my ex-wife most everything she wanted (albeit no credit debt) and never got anything for myself - either buying for myself or from her. If you have to spend that much on a woman, she's not worth it. Again, my two cents.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never EVER max out a card - especially for a woman. This excludes absolute emergency situations you can't do anything about. I gave my ex-wife most everything she wanted (albeit no credit debt) and never got anything for myself - either buying for myself or from her. If you have to spend that much on a woman, she's not worth it. Again, my two cents.

Brother, never have truer words been spoken. Ol' girl ran off with another guy and everything I bought her on that credit card. Lol. Trust me, that won't happen again. So far, my mom and kids are the only people getting anything from me.

But, how I explain things with her is "money is replaceable". Yes, I got used horribly. But last I heard, her and homeboy did 30 days in county for credit card fraud. That makes up for the 3 months I was with her.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts