Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't bought a new watch in weeks and really wasn't looking for anything. I was at BJs Wholesale Club running errands for the restaurant and as usual I had to browse the jewelry counter I saw a watch from a distance and thought it was a Panerai but when I got close enough I saw the TKO logo. LOL The price was right at $39.99 I tried it on and decided to buy it.

The back of the watch has some glue residue from the protective cover they put on it but aside from that it's flawless. It's has a decent weight to it a Miyota movement all stainless. Can't beat the classic look for 40 bucks.

Reactions: tardis

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
That's outstanding for $40!!! Great looking strap, too. It would've caught my eye as well. Great spontaneous buy! Love surprises like that!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I just noticed when I went upstairs the lume on this watch is killer!

·
Banned
754 Posts
I don't think I could've passed on that deal either. Looks great. Congratulations !

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Cool Looking John. Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
9,917 Posts
Hey neat John ! :smile-thumb2:How can you beat that right?! :) Has that classic look you were talking about, with some really cool changes like the fantastic finish, and change to the number font. ..Speaking of the numbers, and also markers, that lume is out of this world. Really is all amazing for the price ! Big congrats on the find ! ENJOY !

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
40.00 $$ Can't go wrong w/ 40.00. Congrats.Killer lume to boot.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I tried to look up more specific info on the specs of these watches, but I can't seem to find whether or not that Japan movement is quartz or auto. I'm assuming quartz, but you never know.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Trouble with making purchases like this is (for me at least) I wear the watch one day and back in the box it goes to rot.

I have an Android and a Casio Edifice doing just that.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Nice grab. I always look at the watches at BJ's but never linger very long at the watch case. Otherwise, well you guys know what might happen.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buying a watch at BJs is a task, First you have to get someone to the jewelry section that took 10 min! Then they give you a paper with the item number you have to ge tin line and pay then give the receipt and paper to a manager they then go into a locked section to get the item that took 15min. In my case he could not find the watch until I told him it was in a red and white box another 5 min. He found it right away but unfortunately it was a Rose Gold with Tan leather strap. He was confused to say the least. He almost didn't want to give me the one out of the case! Back to the jewelry counter another 10min. The buy took me about 40 mins total. Probably the longest amount of time to purchase a watch ever! LOL

I really like this the more I wear it. I know TKO is a designer watch and I have never seen men's watch from them they tend to make a lot of woman's watches. It's really nothing crazy but a nice looking watch. I sold off my two Panerai watches and was considering a Parnis as a replacement which I still might buy but not in any rush. This satisfied a need for cheap $$$.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts