Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought this Zodiac ZMX 02 several months ago and it hardly saw any wrist time due to the fact that the skeleton hands werevirtually impossible for my aging eyes to see. Here is the watch in it's original condition.

In light of the fact that I couldn't easily see the time I decided to have my watchmaker paint the hands. First they were painted red but there wasn't enough contrast between the red hands and the black dial. Then I went with white and still no go.

So after a little battle with Fossil Canada the woman in charge of Zodiac relented and shipped off a set of replacement hands thatwere solid, after 10 minutes at my watchmakers shop she was all done.

Man, it's good to have this watch on my wrist. It was very frustrating not being able to wear a watch you really like either because it was in having the hands painted or I just couldn't see the time. So here is what my ZMX 02 looks like now. Needless to say, I am very happy to have it back on my wrist and the best part is the fact that my watchmaker didn't charge a penny as he has done many times before.

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

I suggest a suitably expensive holiday gift to the watchmaker to acknowledge your appreciation. He has done an awesome job.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

roloya wrote:
I suggest a suitably expensive holiday gift to the watchmaker to acknowledge your appreciation. He has done an awesome job.
Thanks very much. Trust me, I treat him pretty well. He's from Holland and he loves dark chocolate so I keep him well supplied which makes him happy.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that is super cool. Very nice job.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That is very innovative (and practical). It's really great to see watch lovers take that extra step to turn a loved timepiece into a masterpiece! Your watchmaker did a wonderful job to make your timepiece more readable and aesthetically pleasing! What could be more desired in in a watch than to be able to CLEARLY tell the time? :)

Thanks for sharing this modification and your pics!

Congrats and ENJOY!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with you that the see thru hands were a little hard to read. I like the mod you did to it! The hands look great and it really looks like it will be alot easier to read. The lume is pretty good too! CONGRATS on a great mod!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. You can't imagine how frustrating it was to have this watch that you paid a good dollar for that was basically useless due to the fact that you had to angle the watch just the right way in order to see the time.

I am so happy that I put in the effort to make this a useful watch.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Wow Don, looks great and practical. I dig it like a fat kid on a samich!!
Man Charlie, are you going to get back on that samich kick? This could get expensive again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts