Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I want to get A BALL back after sellin my only one.....insert joke here......But i really like this one,...I may have to procure it.....WHat do you fellas think of it..Lookin for feedback good or bad!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

What model is that Eric so I can do a little research please.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Eric
check this review and info out if you have not seen it - http://ablogtoread.com/watch-style/...-diving-watch-utilizes-impressive-technology/

More info I found -

In tribute to explorer Guillaume Nery, the young French free diver and three-time World Record Holder, Ball produced the Engineer Master II Diver GMT. In this masterpiece of color, the stainless steel case is coated in DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) for a contemporary gunmetal finish with impressive hardness and resistance to wear. Golden accents on the dial set off the GMT display to make it easily legible. Red O-rings, visible when the crowns are unscrewed, form part of the crucial gasket system which ensures 300 meters of water resistance. With 21 micro gas tubes integrated into the internal unidirectional rotating bezel, a diver needn't worry about being able to view the time, whatever his or her depth. The dial and hands also feature micro gas tubes, for a total of 53 tubes. A date aperture is conveniently located between 4 and 5. Wear it on a rubber strap with a pin buckle.

Case Thickness: 14.5 mm
Closure: Deployant
Warranty: 2-year
Bezel: Unidirectional
Water Resistance: 30ATM/300M/1000 F
Color: Black/Gold Dial
Case Material: Stainless Steel
Case Diameter: 42 mm
Calibre: ETA 2893-2
Case Finish: DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon)
Crystal: Anti-Reflective Sapphire
Band: Rubber Strap
Luminosity: Dial and Hands
Movement: Automatic Mechanical
Engraveable: No

-----------------------------

It is a very impressive watch. I do think the dial could be a little hard to read with 4 hands all going different ways. The band looks interesting and I would love to see more how it looks and closes in the back.
Also, Do you know what the case back looks like?

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

My 0.02 cents -

Me no like all black watches -also i think the Gold looks "funky"

i have seen some other BALL watches -much nicer looking than this one - so if its an even deal (same price give or take) i'd look into another style (i prefer the diver look)

BUT -if YOU like it - that's all that matters

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
My 0.02 cents -

Me no like all black watches -also i think the Gold looks "funky"
Ahh - good point George. Eric I am not a big fan of the gold on the dial either.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Heres another one i WANT, spoke to this seller a few weeks agao and Im still kickin it around...look at the nutz Movement...

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Eric;

I love the Ball line and it is on my grail list. The rest of you can keep your high profile name brands and I'll take Ball over them every time. I would jump at the opportunity to get one if the opportunity presented itself to me and I had the funds available. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

I think I like the second one better - nothing like a good chronograph in my book! As for the first one, I do like it, just not a fan of the GMT (Although I like that the GMT is in the center - nice touch).

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . both are nice. The Italian is wicked!!!! Love everything about it . . . . everything. The gold on the Ball is not for my liking . . . but I'm not writing the cheque Brother . . . .

·
Registered
49 Posts
imported post

I inappropriately put my Ball watch post in this thread, and apologize to Eric, since it did not address the particular Ball watch that he has expressed interest in and is the subject of this thread. Therefore I am deleting the original post of mine and hopefully can repost it in its own thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Eric I really dig both of them. That would be a very hard decision. and John That is on bad azz piece you got there.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.