Watch Freeks banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
imported post

neverenuftime wrote:
However, their accounting department was closed today, so they will get back to me tomorrow. I don't believe for a minute that a company that small has an accounting department and, even if they did, that the whole department would be closed on a Tuesday.
Well it's been a couple of days, have they got back to you ?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
imported post

Donut wrote:
Well it's been a couple of days, have they got back to you ?

I called my credit card company on Wednesday to dispute the charge and I got an e-mail from Renato yesterday saying that they will issue a credit to my credit card. I use my credit card for my business, so I pay it in full every month. It annoys me that I had to shell out the $650 just to get it back next month. At least the issue is resolved.

·
Registered
545 Posts
imported post

Just saw this and thought I would add my 2 cents. I bought 3 Renatos last summer/fall early in my watch obsession. All ETA G10's since they didn't make much else for the ladies. I. Love the look of the watches and never paid more than $250, but got very concerned when they started the costly club with lifetime membership. When the economy is in the tank and the company makes a lot of big changes, it might raise the caution flag. One of my chronos was not working when received last fall. I had a great experience with their cs department but I will not buy another watch from them. I feel the end is near....sad.

:pk:eek::pk

·
Registered
28 Posts
imported post

John,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Renato. I also ordered one of their Tourbillons and after hearing the story change, and change, finally decided to cancel my order. I did get my refund but for some reason felt guilty about cancelling my order, silly me. So I ended up ordering one of the Mostro Valjoux 7750 with the charcoal dial. It shipped quickly enough and I am really happy with this purchase. That does not alter the facts of the tourbillon story however. I haven't heard anything from any of the other people who ordered one as I have not been able to contact any of them lately. I sincerely hope things work out for them and also hope that Daniel can redeem himself, somehow. I am keeping the Renato's I have (love the Stallion with the Salmon dial and alligator strap) but will be cautious in any future purchases. Hopefully Daniel can pull things together and restore Renato to what it once was. But only time will tell and I am probably beeing too hopeful. Anyway, glad that you are getting your refund and I can understand where you are coming from.

John

·
Registered
296 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about your problem...Know it has been a major issue for a lot of people. Have not bought any since they went independent but love the 6 I have..think they wer really quality. Daniel is a grreat man do not know what is going on with them now...

·
Registered
628 Posts
imported post

I saw over on the other forum that Renato got mad at them and asked to be removed from the site. All because of the forum talking about the Tourbillons taking months to be ready and how it was not good business to leave people hanging like they have been. So it sounds like a sinking ship over there.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

cajun wrote:
I saw over on the other forum that Renato got mad at them and asked to be removed from the site. All because of the forum talking about the Tourbillons taking months to be ready and how it was not good business to leave people hanging like they have been. So it sounds like a sinking ship over there.
i think it had more to do with the fact that MD put up a sticky stating people should cancel their orders...

·
Registered
545 Posts
imported post

four20 wrote:
cajun wrote:
i think it had more to do with the fact that MD put up a sticky stating people should cancel their orders...
Conflict of interest???:BE

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

IMN2WATCHES wrote:
four20 wrote:
cajun wrote:
Conflict of interest???:BE
there has been some speculation that may indeed be the case. correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe Invicta is coming out with their own Chinese tourby..?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about you problems, I've read the same type of experiences a few times. Seems like the company has changed, and not for the better. I have just sort of drifted away from them, I just don't like the designs any more. I like the watches I have but I won't be buying any more either. Even with the 30% off coupon I got yesterday. Hope you get your CC issue settled and your money back. The no return except for credit is the one issue that has really turned me off. That is just not good business practice, not many good businesses do it.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
Hey guys.....please remember, no discussion of other forums. Thanks
i'm trying to be very respectful of that rule, Chef. we are skating on thin ice, tho :lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
imported post

I am still a RENATO fan. Didnt get caught up in the "t" frenzy. Own several, rarely sell these. Fit, Finish and Flash.

I guess I have just been lucky, yeah I F'N hate the "no money returns" AND the S/H. Many of mine are seconds NIB.

I am trying to get some fellow-co-workers together to beat the S/H and pick up a new one with the current 30% off deal offered right now.

If you like, and are still a fan=====code TU770 will get u 30% off at check out.

·
Banned
861 Posts
imported post

Bought exactly two Renato OTV models from ShopNBC in late 2007. Both were defective right outta the box. Both went back for a refund. We heard the usual lame excuses from a certain well known watch show host who no longer works there.

Then the Renato prices went north, the quality went south, the Eta 251.272 models disappeared, and ShopNBC dropped them. Being dropped by a bunch of bozos like ShopNBC is bad ju-ju no matter how you slice it. None for me thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Renato Watch Fail

Early December 2013, I received a Renato Wild Beast for Espiga on Ebay and when it arrived it did not function. I could not reach Espiga (he did not respond) so I sent the watch to Renato and $15. Renato got the watch but claimed the watch had been abused or dropped. I can tell you when the package arrived the box containing the watch was not damaged and to other boxes containing the watch showed no damage. I sent the watch to Renato in a large box with the watch surrounded with bubble wrap. I is my assumption the watch was sent to me in a non-functioning state and now Renato claims it has been abused because nothing else could have caused the damage to the works of the watch. There is only two explanations; one, the watch is poorly constructed, or two, the watch was sent to Espiga damaged or Espiga sent the watch to me damaged. Has anyone else had Renato Fails like the one I experienced and what was their resolution to the watch failing? Also the watch is suppose to sustain the equivalent of 3,300 feet of water depth. Has anyone had a Renato Fail while SCUBA diving?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Renato is a sad story. Started out with some decent models, but it's been all down hill from there. Now it's just cheap quartz with inflated prices. It is definitely in a death spiral. It should really be put out of it's misery.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts