Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm really saddened by what Renato Watches has become. I ordered the tourbillon on April 21, changed my mind and cancelled it on Aprill 22. The other day I got an e-mail saying that the watches were still in production and would not be shipped for another two months. I was glad i cancelled it.

Today, I got my credit card bill, and the charge was there but not the reversal. I called Renato, who confirmed that the order was cancelled. However, their accounting department was closed today, so they will get back to me tomorrow. I don't believe for a minute that a company that small has an accounting department and, even if they did, that the whole department would be closed on a Tuesday. I am an accountant, and if I would have known that today was an accounting holiday, I would have surely slept in.

I am not worried about the credit card charge. If they don't make it right, my credit company will. However, what has become of this company? I was a big fan of Renato. I spent thousands and thousands of dollars on their watches when they were selling G10 movements for over $500. I don't even want to think about how much I paid for their automatics. I loved their watches and I was always happy with their customer service. However, that is not the same company I have dealt with in the last year or so.

I have had my intelligence insulted and have been lied to the last three times I have called them. I would not bother e-mailing them any more, as they don't reply to my questions that they don't want to answer. Their watches are not the same quality that they used to be. They are trying to get money for watches that don't exist with their black card memberships and by not telling the customer that the watch they are ordering is not even made yet. you have ten days after they ship the watch to return it, and you will only get a merchandise credit.

Daniel Mink will do and say anything to sell a watch and keep his company afloat. He cannot afford to lose loyal customers like myself. My money is good anywhere, and it is going somewhere else.

Has anybody else had similar (or conflicting) experiences in dealing with Renato over the past few months?

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about your Tourby debacle.Its very hard to stick up for them anymore and as much as I appreciate the high quality of their watches I am very cautious to buy another one from their site. They havent been the same since the Rothstein ripoff and am not sure if they will ever recover. I own one a WB 7750 and I am good with owning just one.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

sorry to hear you're having issues with them, John. i guess, in a way, i'm glad their watches do nothing for me :p

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about your issue and I hope it gets resolved without too much of a headache. I've only owned one Renato and I was not crazy about it so it has moved on. I don't have any plans for another.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
imported post

I think their watches were well made, unfortunately Daniel trusted the wrong guy and lost most of his fortune. But to come up with one get-rich-quick scheme after another...it's like he's decided to screw us because of his mistake. JMO.

Makes him as bad as Rothstein. IMO.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Sad to say that I have heard this complaint from many other people about Renato lately. I also have only had one Renato...and I ended up trading it...I never wore it. I had plenty of opportunities to purchase them a few years back but I refuse to pay over $300 for a watch with a freekin' ETA G10 movement in it.....just ain't happening!!! The "I" company tried that crapola a while back and I, along with others, refused to pay the $300 + bucks they were asking for "Reserve" timepieces with a G10 in them!!! You're better off saving your money for something nice....especially since we have all these cool watch companies here on our forum now....and you can see from the reviews done by members of our forum.....what their product is like!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
imported post

Just as many supporters as detractors. Sad to say Daniel is at the crossroads where he and Renato could be just a bad memory in the very near future.

·
Registered
12 Posts
imported post

The past year or so the brand took a major wrong turn. But I still love the old Renatos I still have. The were well made and look very different, which I like.

But your right about the $300 G10 watches, that's bull. But I have pick up some sweet deals on their other watches.

So if you know what you buying then there are deals to be found.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

That sux. I owned several Renato's a couple years back and they were really good quality and had a great experience with a dead Trex. They replaced the movement and next day aired the watch back to me on their dime with in 2 weeks. I was blown away. When a company takes a turn like this its they are probably are on their last limb. I know They took a major hit with that ponzi scheme and that has something to do with their financial situation. Hopefully it gets resolved and if not your covered from your cc company.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

rbmbb wrote:
I think their watches were well made, unfortunately Daniel trusted the wrong guy and lost most of his fortune. But to come up with one get-rich-quick scheme after another...it's like he's decided to screw us because of his mistake. JMO.

Makes him as bad as Rothstein. IMO.
I totally agree with Randy. Greed is a powerful motivator and will cause individuals such as these to do what ever it takes to achieve their goals ...................... no matter who they have to step on or over. The integrity of Renato / Daniel Mink is in the toilet bowl and I've heard it on other forums as well.

For these "big shot" watch company owners to think that they can pull of shady stuff and no one will notice or remark on it ????? A total joke. This is the age of the internet. You screw one person or don't treat them properly and it will be "front page news". And so it is. JMHO.

I have about 10 Renato timepieces and I like'em all, but if I could sell most without taking a total bath, I'd keep only three or four. Their value has diminished due to Daniel's marketing. Thanks for that Daniel. Much appreciated ....... sheez. I expect they will go up a bit when old inventory is gone, but they will never be what they once were. Again, when a company does this to its buyers, what would they expect ??? Thing is, they could give a rat's azz abouthow we feel. Again, JMHO.

·
Registered
517 Posts
imported post

I bought a very nice Renato at a very low price from their web site a few months ago, but with regret the watch was way too heavy for me. Live and learn. The web site said no refunds, so I sold it and will not buy from them again, too risky.

I gotta tell ya, it's killing me but I am growing very weary of buying watches on line without the benefit of touch-and-feel-and-see. I haven't bought a watch in months and have no plans to buy. I still cruise web sites, but the watch has to be truly unbelievable, very nice or I gotta have it just doesn't cut it for me any more.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

henry5010 wrote:
I bought a very nice Renato at a very low price from their web site a few months ago, but with regret the watch was way too heavy for me. Live and learn. The web site said no refunds, so I sold it and will not buy from them again, too risky.

I gotta tell ya, it's killing me but I am growing very weary of buying watches on line without the benefit of touch-and-feel-and-see. I haven't bought a watch in months and have no plans to buy. I still cruise web sites, but the watch has to be truly unbelievable, very nice or I gotta have it just doesn't cut it for me any more.
For what it's worth, buying on the internet can be a very positive experience .......................... depending on whom you're buying from, IMO. There are alot of great vendors that we deal with that will stand behind their product 100 % because "THEY GET IT" !!! That is to say that if there is an issue, a problem or a desire to return the watch for a full refund, it shall be handled in a manner that will leave the customer with a positive experience and a willingness to do business with them again. Then ................... there are those that just want to grab your money and don't give a hoot what you say or do. They live by the creed that "there's a sucker born every minute." Thing is, we all find out about it pretty quick on the net.

I guess I'm just tryin to say, don't be discouraged by one bad experience from a mediocre vendor / watch brand. If need be, just ask the guys here how they feel about a particular vendor that you're considering doing business with. You'll get some straight talk, be it good, bad or indifferent. Just sayin. Hope that changes your mind a bit. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
imported post

I have 33 Renatos have not seen any of the problems you people are talking about! IMO great company great CS and great watches. Buy the way I have never had any problems with a ETA G10.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

kodaboy wrote:
I have 33 Renatos have not seen any of the problems you people are talking about! IMO great company great CS and great watches. Buy the way I have never had any problems with a ETA G10.
I own over 20 Renatos. I have never had any problems with the G10. My point was that I was willing to pay $500 for a watch with a G10, because I like the Renato brand so much. I was also willing to overpay for their Eta 251's, 2824's and 7750's. They made great watches. They had excellent customer service. They were a great company.

However, that has not been my experience as of late. In the beginning stages of my addiction, I wasn't so much collecting watches as I was collecting Renatos. I was a huge fan of the company and a loyal customer. That is why I am so upset at what they have become, and thatwas the point of starting this topic.

·
Registered
258 Posts
imported post

at one time i owned 6 renatos not really sure why but sold ...gave away ( gifts ) or traded , i think is was a looked great on TV but when the new wore off they just did not float my boat.....Danial and his company was always great to me if i ever needed anything, i hope daniel does well and renato.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

kodaboy wrote:
I am sincerely glad that you have had nothing but positive experiences with Renato. I myself have had one excellent experience with their C/S as well, but that doesn't excuse the fact that there seems to be an integrity issue or issues. If a customer isn't satisified ............... don't give him the run around ! Just give him his money back as long asthe issue is valid. Remember, the customer is always right ........ even if they ain't. Store credits are a bunch'a crap in my book. What's more, they will have a much better chance of doing business with that customer again if he's not afraid of losing his dollars. He'll tell others as well. It's just good common sense and good business sense to do the right thing.

Desperate times create desperate measures I guess. JMHO.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I owned 1 Renato and sold it. It was one of the original Beasts with the ETA 2824-2 movement. I only sold it because I could not get it to size correctly on my wrist. I thought it was a very well made watch, but I have to agree with others that I wouldn't dare buy from them anymore. Just too risky.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
imported post

Contact your credit card company right now.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
imported post

I stopped buying Renato when they took their limited edition watches and added more to them. JS said "Don't worry, the watches will be different numbers." JOKE

1 - 20 of 39 Posts