Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Bambino a few years ago and I've added a few more since then. I think they are great looking watches and they look like they're worth a lot more than than they actually cost.

Photos just don't do them justice, as I'm sure all Bambino fans know.

Bambino enthusiasts are encouraged to post their own images.

·
Super Moderator
10,371 Posts
Unfortunately don't have one either Grady, but can see what attracts
you these beauties above here ! They really do look exceptional, and
like so much bang for the buck. ..Really is so impressive, and that is
just from seeing pictures.

Can just imagine them in person. :eek: Really appreciate the look, as
well as post !!! :clapping-hands-abov

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Waiting to catch one used I'm a cheapskate. But don't think I haven't been looking. Very nice dress watches.
Quite a few second owner pieces on eBay, I too have been having a browse. I can see a Bambino on the horizon, but for me it has to be new even then they are great value. They also look a lot better than the price tag indicates by a long margin. I do love Orient and I do not have one in my rotation at the moment.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: GradyPhilpott

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm pulling the trigger on this one today. gray dial with rose accents and a brown suede strap. I fell in love with this watch the moment i saw it. I will look into another strap as well, so I can get two looks with the same watch.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'm pulling the trigger on this one today. gray dial with rose accents and a brown suede strap. I fell in love with this watch the moment i saw it. I will look into another strap as well, so I can get two looks with the same watch.

That's super nice!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Sorry, I just can't get past the Orient Cheesy logo and nameplate I will spend a coup!e hundred more and get a Seiko Presage cocktail time instead!

Reactions: Roarry

·
Super Moderator
10,371 Posts
You can imagine how that will be in person Gary ! :eek2: :smile1: ..I mean that
gray dial is going to be transforming in different light every second, and
the rose gold accents are outstanding too. ..Then the dueling straps is a
stroke of genius also. :thumb:

A big congrats ahead of time to you Gary !!!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Compared to the 70s logo the current one is the epitome of tasteful design :D. Like many of my WF comrades I’ve been eyeing these often but somehow never dropped the hammer on one. The white dial, blue hands with Roman numerals one is a true dress watch, that’s the one I would buy if I eventually can get past the endless dilly-dallying about it :D

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I have looked at these myself on a number of occasions, great looking watches. I know for a fact that I would not wear one though dress watches have never been my thing. Any dress occasions for me I always wear my GMT Master it slips just nice under a double cuff.
Enjoy.

Sent from my S10_Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
I don’t think the logo is that bad. Okay, it might be a bit ostentatious, but I can live with it.

The watch reminds me of my old wind-only timex as a kid. Very nice.

I think I feel about the old Yellow Mako the same way as you guys with this one; I actually have mailed Orient USA and Orient Japan to see if they could find one for me.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hopefully I will soon be a fan also if Long Island Watch ever gets around to sending mine to me. I could have drove to New York and picked it up already.:bounce:

·
Super Moderator
10,371 Posts
Very cool guys, and one thing is for sure, it will be worth the wait
when they come in. ..That's just from seeing pics of them too ! :) :clap2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts