Watch Freeks banner

IL Capo - who owns one of these?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  TVDinner 
#1 ·
imported post

Does anyone else own one of these? I just got mine which is #130 of 150.

Post if you have one

Mine -

Stock Photos from ShopNBC

See less See more
#4 ·
imported post

Hi Felix
Can you ask Larry or someone there a question about this watch?

The rubber strap is INCREDIBLY SOFT and nice. I like it a lot to be honest, which is surprising for me since I normally like bracelets.

Here is my question - the soft black rubber is constantly covered with dust, or specs of lint from my dress shirt of jacket. And because it has all these little specs on it, the strap looks "dirty".

Can anything be done about this? It is somewhat maddening, lol

#5 ·
imported post

Oh, that's an issue with a lot of rubber straps, James. I've handled a few of the really high end watches and our photographer's constantly griping about how the rubber straps keep gathering dust! Let me see if I can research a method of keeping them nice and clean!

*Google-Fu in progress...*

#7 ·
imported post

Felix...I use a product call Brillanize on all my rubber straps...and on my bracelets. It is listed on the bottle as being "America's #1 Rated Anti-Static Cleaner & Polish for Plastics, Glass and all hard shiny products." Not my words!!!

I have a friend that is into Harley's and he swears by it. He uses it on his show bikes and just loves it. I use it on all my rubber straps, and even keep my rosetone watches clean by using some on a microfiber cloth to clean and polish them. I also use it on my Die Cast NASCAR replica's...and it keeps them looking great...and dust free!!! And it doesn't harm the decals on the ones that are not painted.

#8 ·
imported post

Yes....

Answer

TVDinner wrote:
Hi Felix
Can you ask Larry or someone there a question about this watch?

The rubber strap is INCREDIBLY SOFT and nice. I like it a lot to be honest, which is surprising for me since I normally like bracelets.

Here is my question - the soft black rubber is constantly covered with dust, or specs of lint from my dress shirt of jacket. And because it has all these little specs on it, the strap looks "dirty".

Can anything be done about this? It is somewhat maddening, lol

#10 ·
imported post

I own two Il Capo's.I have the All Black and a Rose/Brown.

I really like them and the Rubber Strap feels great on the Wrist.

Sorry I have no Photo's of any of my collection(no camera)

Enjoy it and wear it in good health.

PS: I have a idea they may or may not work on the Dust.Try Scotch Tape on it and see if that helps.I have no idea if that will work for you.Good Luck

#13 ·
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
Felix...I use a product call Brillanize on all my rubber straps...and on my bracelets. It is listed on the bottle as being "America's #1 Rated Anti-Static Cleaner & Polish for Plastics, Glass and all hard shiny products." Not my words!!!

I have a friend that is into Harley's and he swears by it. He uses it on his show bikes and just loves it. I use it on all my rubber straps, and even keep my rosetone watches clean by using some on a microfiber cloth to clean and polish them. I also use it on my Die Cast NASCAR replica's...and it keeps them looking great...and dust free!!! And it doesn't harm the decals on the ones that are not painted.
Cool suggestion - do you mean this stuff - I don't see anything that says it is safe to use on rubber.

http://www.brillianize.com/

http://cleardisplays.com/Brillanize-Anti-StaticCleaner.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.