Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Going to grab one of these this week if not both and just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts and preferences on these models. These are the two specific color variations I am looking at as well. Was really hoping the shop would have the triple black il Capo but nada yet. I would especially like to hear from those that have these watches.....I should mention that I have seen the il Capo first hand and it is sweet large impressive watch and I have not seen the Madman personally only pics........first the il Capo

http://www.shopnbc.com/Stuhrling_Original_Men_s_il_Capo_Automatic_Stainless_Steel_Rubber_Strap_Watch/V91192.aspx?storeid=1&track=-20101&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N&page=LIST&free_text=il capo

http://www.shopnbc.com/Stuhrling_Original_Men_s_Madman_Automatic_Rubber_Strap_Watch/V91113.aspx?storeid=1&track=-20101&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N&page=LIST&free_text=madman

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I will start by saying that I like both of them. so with that out of the way here are my thoughts -

what is the cost on these?

The first one is obviously a cleaner look and a little more classic in my opinion. The case has a real retro look to me. I do not like the band with those 6 metal bars (3 on each side). reminds me kind of like the revolver one with the bullets or some others I have seen with barbell like things on the band. that is just my opinion. I BET that the first watch would look just absolutely incredible on a full metal stainless steel bracelet, but I am not sure if that option is available. .

If the first option was available with a full stainless steel bracelet it might be the first square/rectangle watch I ever considered purchasing....

The second one is more fun, colorful and casual. I am not sure I understand the date curve with all the numbers exposed and what that accomplishes, but it is origianl. the big second hand is nice also.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Madman currently $168.50

il Capo $227.00 (no bracelet version that I am aware of.....we need to mention to Larry....might get one in production)

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Mike, sorry don't have either but I do like both. I thought when I saw the title to your post I would automatically pick the Madman but after looking at the Capo I can see why you are considering it. In spite of the fact they are both square they are remarkably different. I like Capo for it's uniform and organized dial, very architectural. And on the other hand the Madman has a little "chaos" going on with the dial, which is very cool. I'm not sure about the Capo strap, I would have to take a hard look at it. Whereas the MM's strap appears to be a little uninspiring (but a strap change is what, 5 minutes?). I could wear the Capo with a coat and tie and the MM with a polo.......both good choices. If just one.....Capo.

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Yea i agree. If I had to have only 1 I would definitely take the more classic design of the Capo.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I do like the il Capo more but really wish the triple black was available.....maybe it will be by show time.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

That version definitely gives it a different look, I might actually like this better than the Capo above.......glad I'm not the one picking Mike!!

WATCHURSELF wrote:
i like the madman but not the black -i like the SS

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I think I might actually agree.....didn't take much time to look at that version. It may be this one as I can do without the Capo because I really want it in the triple black. You guys might have helped me make up my mind.

WATCHURSELF wrote:

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

See, the G-man's not as crazy as we think!!:%:%:%

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:
I think I might actually agree.....didn't take much time to look at that version. It may be this one as I can do without the Capo because I really want it in the triple black. You guys might have helped me make up my mind.

WATCHURSELF wrote:

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

anyone ever see "12 Angry Men" -the original version 1950's

i dont remeber the line about - one of the jurors changing his vote everytime they voted!!!!

mikey make up your mind dude!!! :%:%:%:%

UKWolfeman wrote:

WATCHURSELF wrote:

·
Registered
269 Posts
imported post

I like the Madman and own it. The dial has many levels and textures to it. Which is the main reason I bought. You need a big wrist its 52 mm lug to lug.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Do you have a SAN III or something large for reference to see the lug to lug......thanks bud!

nhwoods wrote:
I like the Madman and own it. The dial has many levels and textures to it. Which is the main reason I bought. You need a big wrist its 52 mm lug to lug.

·
Registered
269 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Do you have a SAN III or something large for reference to see the lug to lug......thanks bud!

nhwoods wrote:

Ok I was WRONG the MadMan is 63mm and a SA3 is 60mm lug to lug

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Me too Mike (wear a SANIII), but I think it looks funnier than hell on me....not that I care!!!:%:%:%

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:
I wear a SAN III well so I think this will be just fine then.....thanks Greg.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

How smooth does the seconds hand sweep on this Stuhrling movement? Would it be equal with say a Miyota 8215 or a Seiko NH25A?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I bought both of these and returned them both, I am just not a hug square/Rect case watch guy I guess. But if I had too keep one it would be the capo, because of the strap design is better looking then the mad man IMO!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Not sure. Never owned a Stuhrling auto....hopefully someone can chime in on this subject.

Watchguru58 wrote:
How smooth does the seconds hand sweep on this Stuhrling movement? Would it be equal with say a Miyota 8215 or a Seiko NH25A?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts