Watch Freeks banner

If you had to throw one watch out, what would it be?

6K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  roloya 
#1 ·
imported post

If you were forced to throw one watch away which one would you choose.
I would have to kick this one to the curb........no wrist time, not enthused about it and one of the very few quartz pieces left in my collection. But, it still has a kick a$$ bracelet.

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

hmmm, hard one. I think it would probably be one of my older G Shocks, or MAYBE one of my Zodiacs. Really hard question. Probably a GShock if I had to pick one.

#9 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
I would have to kick this one to the curb........no wrist time, not enthused about it and one of the very few quartz pieces left in my collection. But, it still has a kick a$$ bracelet.

If the Lupah diver needs a good home...have a give away...there are plenty of us out here who would give it wrist time!!!! Me included...LOL

My throw away would have to be my several of my German/Asian watches I purchased after Katrina. They are sitting in a box and getting zero wrist time. May pack them up and send one each to my 3 brothers...

#10 ·
imported post

srebo70 wrote:
Probably my Swiss Legend Brown C/F dial. It needs a new battery and I never wear it. I can't even bring myself to get a battery put into it. I think if I do, I will just do a giveaway!

:eek::eek::eek:

Have exact same watch and it nevers gets any wrist time. Sits in back of box and just ticks away. Liked it when first came out but it sort of lost it`s appeal after I bought some other watches. Considering passing it on this holiday season.

#11 ·
imported post

That's a great IDEA!!! I would love to see one of my new friends enjoy this timepiece. Any ideas on how to set something like this up?

Bichondaddy wrote:
Seattle wrote:

If the Lupah diver needs a good home...have a give away...there are plenty of us out here who would give it wrist time!!!! Me included...LOL

My throw away would have to be my several of my German/Asian watches I purchased after Katrina. They are sitting in a box and getting zero wrist time. May pack them up and send one each to my 3 brothers...

#14 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I would have to pich two of them I have two SWI colosso's that I would send packin, I do wear them when there turn comes, but I would rather not!
Hey Ron, I took a look at those and they look kinda nice, sorta dressy. Anything particular about them that does not work for you? Just curious.

#16 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
I would have to pich two of them I have two SWI colosso's that I would send packin, I do wear them when there turn comes, but I would rather not!
Hey Ron, I took a look at those and they look kinda nice, sorta dressy. Anything particular about them that does not work for you? Just curious.
like the Android line, the bracelets are thin, and the Black IP version is plated like the Renato's Terribly! This is what bothers me about them. I really dig the thick chunky bracelets with complete plating, and the Black IP versions dont fit the bill. the Silver with Blue dial isnt a bad watch hell neither of them are they just dont meet the criteria my so called collection is based on.

#17 ·
imported post

Hey Rip, I thought you were going to mention the TRex that you fired out the window while driving down the road.

Mine would be my SL Commander on rubber strap. I really liked the look,of it when I first got it over a year ago. It came with that terrible, dual deployant. I think many of us remember that whole debacle from early last year. They did replace it...with and equally terrible one. I wore this watch twice. It sits in my one of my boxes basically brand new. Like and idiot, I cut the strap because I thought I needed to. The watch still functions and closes properly. I'll probably end up sending it off as a throw-in on a trade deal.

#20 ·
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Tuna I would have if it wasnt in pieces somewhere in a street sweeper and or the land fill!!!
Poor little Rexie. I had to crack up when you wrote that story bro. My man Rip can't catch a freakin' break with the "R"!

Maybe the tungsten behemoth later this year bro.
I hope so Man I wanted that Limited edition today bad, but then I saw that printed on the dial!!! We will see what happens with the Tungsten monster. I have not given up, i will find one that floats my boat!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.