Watch Freeks banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I actually also have an old Kenneth Cole watch and a Guess watch that now seem tiny like kids watches, lol - they would go even before my old G shock.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
If you were forced to throw one watch away which one would you choose.
I would have to kick this one to the curb........no wrist time, not enthused about it and one of the very few quartz pieces left in my collection. But, it still has a kick a$$ bracelet.

Didn't you just give this one away, you got another, I'll take it!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Have mercy, you all want to give those watches to a new home, please donate them to me. I'll polish them up, replace the batteries, and post them on the bay!

There are a lot of people out there that would love to have even a used watch at a very affordable price, delivered from a reputable seller.

I would do this as a Holiday Charity, list them with a $.01 starting price no reserve.

In these tough economic times, people could use a little charity, heck, I know, been there done that!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

OK, I've seen enough, you guys that have these beautiful, and even the not so pretty watches should be a little charitable with them this Holiday Season.

If you would, why don't you donate them to a local Salvation Army or Goodwill Store, or like I posted above, clean them up and post them on ebay starting at a penny with free S&H.

Your generosity will be rewarded and if you need any help posting, just PM me, I'll be glad to help.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
imported post

Sorry TR, a bit confusing; this is the same watch. The giveaway was a result of this thread. BD suggested I do a giveaway considering I wasn't crazy about it.......and the rest is history.

Tera-Ram wrote:
Seattle wrote:
If you were forced to throw one watch away which one would you choose.
I would have to kick this one to the curb........no wrist time, not enthused about it and one of the very few quartz pieces left in my collection. But, it still has a kick a$$ bracelet.

Didn't you just give this one away, you got another, I'll take it!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

wow that sucks about the Renato - did you drop it?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

No, the crown fell off, so I took the watch apart and fixed the crown. While I was reinserting the movement/dial/movement holder back into the case, I pushed against the back of the movement which caused the dial to bow and the MOP cracked like dried paper! :(

TVDinner wrote:
wow that sucks about the Renato - did you drop it?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.