Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Personally I would make all of their watches straps and bracelets non-proprietary. All watch companies should get away from this practice IMO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

metal bracelet standard on Orange Oceanaire
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
imported post

I've been trying to think of answers to this ALL day! I first started thinking "What would I change about my dragon wing" which is absolutely nothing. And I'd say that pretty much goes for the whole brand.

BUUUUUuuutt, if i had to be PICKY.... i would change up the shape of the Sea Dragon line. I think that's a style that has a ton of potential and they haven't done ANY upgrades to it's appearance. Think of what Invicta did with just "Pro Diver". Nowadays, if you tell someone you have a PD, it could be one of thirty or forty different styles, sizes, shapes, whatever! Zodiac should do something like that with their respective different lines of watches, start diversifying. Not to the extent that INVICTA did, of course!!!

Don, I definitely agree with you on the propietary straps and integrated bracelets. Let me choose any strap or bracelet I want!

Lastly, on the air dragon that i had, i'd replace the HOUR BEZEL with the traditional MINUTE BEZEL. why would anyone want the hours on their divers bezel, diving aside!
See what I'm talking about...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,638 Posts
imported post

Make them Bigger, I like a lot of there design but they are too damned small for my liking!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,876 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Make them Bigger, I like a lot of there design but they are too damned small for my liking!
Ditto...thanks RipitRon....my only problem with them...most are still smaller designs.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,638 Posts
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Make them Bigger, I like a lot of there design but they are too damned small for my liking!
Ditto...thanks RipitRon....my only problem with them...most are still smaller designs.
I bought a Oceanaire earlier in the year and not only was it not 49mm but it was quite disappointing. I will be giving them another shot this year, I am thing the ZMX 04. I just wish they did some steel integrations in there rubber straps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
imported post

Gotta go with Rip on this one. If I could get this bad boy at 48-50mm with a 26-28mm wide bracelet...holy crap!


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Gotta go with Rip on this one. If I could get this bad boy at 48-50mm with a 26-28mm wide bracelet...holy crap!

Eric - you and I know that watch, lol.

We both had it for about a day - and .... GONE. lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,638 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Gotta go with Rip on this one. If I could get this bad boy at 48-50mm with a 26-28mm wide bracelet...holy crap!


Booooooom!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Gotta go with Rip on this one. If I could get this bad boy at 48-50mm with a 26-28mm wide bracelet...holy crap!



I will own this watch very soon! I love the look. The nickname is very appropriate, it's called the Cyclop tank tread. Very hot IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
imported post

Yeah Falcon, I've loved the look of this one ever since Barnbuilder posted pics of it earlier this year. I've bid on it a couple of times only to get sniped at the last second. I did win a Cyclop on rubber, but couldn't keep it. I sent it out the door as soon as I got it. I loved the look of it, It's just too damned small for me! I'm wondering if it wear a little different on this bracelet though. It doesn't seem to narrow toward the clasp like the rubber strap does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

FreeDive wrote:
BUUUUUuuutt, if i had to be PICKY.... i would change up the shape of the Sea Dragon line. I think that's a style that has a ton of potential and they haven't done ANY upgrades to it's appearance.

I agree 1000% Andrew.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Yeah Falcon, I've loved the look of this one ever since Barnbuilder posted pics of it earlier this year. I've bid on it a couple of times only to get sniped at the last second. I did win a Cyclop on rubber, but couldn't keep it. I sent it out the door as soon as I got it. I loved the look of it, It's just too damned small for me! I'm wondering if it wear a little different on this bracelet though. It doesn't seem to narrow toward the clasp like the rubber strap does.
I would assume it wears bigger with the bracelet, it would certainly add some weight to the watch. Idon't think the bracelet is tapered but that's a guess.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top