Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Me? Linda will tell you that for years I have been saying that I would love to spend the rest of my days (which are dwindling fast) in Vancouver, British Columbia. I have seen many pics and read many articles on it. Now that it is being "showcased" bigtime during the Olympics it only reinforces my desire to fulfill that wish before I die. Will I accomplish it?? DamnifIknow, but a visit out there some time is definately at the top of my list!!!

And WOW!!!! What a skyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

For me it would be Coranado Island in California

Downtown San Diego from Shoreline Park, Coronado Island

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

In general I miss "the city" I grew up in the Boston area and then spent over a decade living in NYC and Washington DC. I miss the energy, people, and wide variety of....everything every week.

If I could make the weather warmer year round it would probably be back to the NYC and specifically Manhattan area. Greatest city on the planet. It really is.

Since unfortunately I can not control the weather, a close second choice in the past would have been the Washington DC area, which I also LOVED living in. That city has completely transformed itself in the past 10 years to be a really nice upscale city again, but they get more snow now then many places far further north.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
In general I miss "the city" I grew up in the Boston area and then spent over a decade living in NYC and Washington DC. I miss the energy, people, and wide variety of....everything every week.

If I could make the weather warmer year round it would probably be back to the NYC and specifically Manhattan area. Greatest city on the planet. It really is.

Since unfortunately I can not control the weather, a close second choice in the past would have been the Washington DC area, which I also LOVED living in. That city has completely transformed itself in the past 10 years to be a really nice upscale city again, but they get more snow now then many places far further north.
My youngest son (28) lives in NYC on 34th Street. He is a sound engineer at "Electric Lady" sound studio in The Village. Works with alot of big names. Does he "love NY"? You bet he does!! He is livin the dream!

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Anywhere is Big, anywhere is the US would be the Keys Florida, anywhere in the world would have too be Belize!
Yea Rip, I can definately relate Bro. Warm weather, fishing, year round motorcycle riding.....is always tempting. But me? For some reason I've always been drawn to mountainous areas. Must'a been a Mountain Man in a past life, LOL.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Like anything else my man, when you live it everyday it isnt your dream any longer. I am not a cold weather person, and I have spent enough time is Vancouver B.C. too realize IT IS FREEKIN COLD!!!

I am really getting sick of workin for the man, Living in this climate I need too get out of this rut and do something else! I am about ready too sell everything I have and make a move!

arnie11 wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Anywhere is Big, anywhere is the US would be the Keys Florida, anywhere in the world would have too be Belize!
Yea Rip, I can definately relate Bro. Warm weather, fishing, year round motorcycle riding.....is always tempting. But me? For some reason I've always been drawn to mountainous areas. Must'a been a Mountain Man in a past life, LOL.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I know that no matter where my dream place is it will still be in the good, old US of A.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Just remember Arnie that any trip to BC better include a visit to the CJ household...just sayin.:b

CJ

arnie11 wrote:
Me? Linda will tell you that for years I have been saying that I would love to spend the rest of my days (which are dwindling fast) in Vancouver, British Columbia. I have seen many pics and read many articles on it. Now that it is being "showcased" bigtime during the Olympics it only reinforces my desire to fulfill that wish before I die. Will I accomplish it?? DamnifIknow, but a visit out there some time is definately at the top of my list!!!

And WOW!!!! What a skyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Easy answer; spent a lot of years traveling the world (literally) and in the end, this where I want to be.

Yea CJ, I can definately see why Bro! Great pic of a great city!! As for a visit to you? If I ever get out to the Pacific Northwest again, you and Ron would be mandatory stops!

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

Currently, I'm in So. California. 5 years from now, I'll be splitting time 50/50 between here and Bellingham Wa. I love the whole northwest.

Vancouver BC is truly a spectacular place, but the traffic is horrendous. Seattle ain't much better for traffic, but we will manage.

Dingbat

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Very nice choice Rob!!
My family owned a time share in Kauai for a while. I absolutely fell in love with the place. It's like a small town in the middle of the ocean. Very friendly people and one of the prettiest of all the islands. Thanks Arnie. I doubt I will ever be able to afford living there because jobs are scarce and the cost of living is off the chart. A gallon of milk is almost $5 and agallon of gas sits at about $3.50 all year.:BE

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
Very nice choice Rob!!
My family owned a time share in Kauai for a while. I absolutely fell in love with the place. It's like a small town in the middle of the ocean. Very friendly people and one of the prettiest of all the islands. Thanks Arnie. I doubt I will ever be able to afford living there because jobs are scarce and the cost of living is off the chart. A gallon of milk is almost $5 and agallon of gas sits at about $3.50 all year.:BE
Hey Bro. Never say never cause ya just never know. Keep it in front of you. Just sayin.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
Very nice choice Rob!!
Hey Bro. Never say never cause ya just never know. Keep it in front of you. Just sayin.
Thanks Arnie. I will definitely keep it on the horizon for sure. If someone hasn't been there I strongly encourage it. Heck we all might be living there someday :%

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Houston, Texas - i have family there

:pk

notable alternates

CUBA 1958 - so i could assassinate Fidel Castro

TIBET 1959 -so i could stop the takeover

DALLAS TX NOV 21 1963 -so i could stop Lee Harvey Oswald

MEMPHIS 1968 -so i could stop MLK assassination

?? 1968 - stop the RFK assassin

where would i live?? i would love to live where i could change history for the better
where i could eradicate evil

that's where I would like to live

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.