Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I hope some of the members here can help. I purchased a Zodiac Chronograph (Tachymeter) in 1970 at the Post Exchange while I was in the Navy. The old girl went through a lot but never let me down. It has been sitting in the back of the jewelry box for over 25 years.

Last night I got it out, cranked the windy stem a few times and she is running like a Swiss watch :%

I sent an email to CustomerService at ZodiacWatches dot com to see if they would be willing to do a full restore on it for me. I don't have any paperwork, not even the band survived.

A picture of the face is shown below. The crystal has a small crack and the Chrono stem caps are missing. The back of the case is completely blank. No name, no letters, no numbers. If anyone can tell me what model the watch is, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
imported post

Chances are good that your watch was assembled by Heuer and branded Zodiac. ( That's a good thing ). It may not have a model name or number. I believe it has a Valjoux 7734 manual movement.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Since you are going to restore it open the case back as there may be some info on the inside.

I'd call around to places like Watch Medic and Motor City Watchworks and see if those places could restore for you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
imported post

Check your email, found some info for you.

Motor City or IWW would be my two choices for restoration, unless you can find someone close to the house, that's good.

Do NOT send it to Zodiac, under any circumstances. Not the Zodiac of old....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts