Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, she apparently won this watch from some sort of work function and has never worn it. I asked her to send me the info from the paperwork to learn more. The problem I am having is the watch has aquaracer on the black face with the yellow second hand and I just could not find any others that matched it.

·
8,170 Posts
Google for TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 and compare.

·
Registered
Grand Seiko Heritage White, Victorinox Inoc, Casio
458 Posts
Two things make me think this is not a genuine new Tag... on the face 1000ft is missing next to the 300m. The other is the yellow second hand.

Not sure how this could be a recent Calibre 5 since the dial does not say that... enlighten me how that is so...

I believe earlier Professional and Aquaracer model had luminesence on roughly a 1/8 of the second hand near the arrow at the end of the second hand.

That leaves me with the watch being repaired with non Tag parts used in its repair or it is a fake... no way to tell unless the case back is removed and Tag markings are present.

The cheapest way I know to check it out is to send picture to Tag web page, asking if the face appeared at any time on the Aguaracer. If that is so, it may be an earlier model say over 15 years old. Then for more certainty remove or have a watch maker remove the back and check for original Tag parts.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
19,352 Posts
Best I can tell is it might be a 2005-2006 model of the aquaracer.

If you look at this pic below, your pictured watch looks the same except it has aquaracer instead of professional.
The professional was dropped in 2004. So yours should be the year after since its identical except for the model name on dial

http://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-2000-series/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
8,170 Posts
Then it must be a real find, a 10 year old watch that looks brand new in a pristine box ;)

Reactions: #four
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.