Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I was in the sixth grade my across the street neighbor kid, one of my friends, came to school and was boasting and showing off his RolexSubmariner his rich Grandfather hadgave him from his collection for a birthday present. All of us sixth graders in the small country town school thought the watch was cool, we had never seen one with a uni-directional rotating bezel or a cyclops date magnification window, we also had no idea what Rolex meant, it might as well have been a fancy Timex to us. Pissed him off that no one swooned over his watch.The teacher knew but didn't bother to tell us or corroborate his claims. It was one of these shown below...

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=left]Now, finally, almost 40 years later, I got my wish, sort of, an Invicta 6013 which is the Invicta 43mm automatic/mechanical Pro Diver. Classic looks and feel. I bought the last two that WOW had in stock for only $81.00 each. I had to keep one for myself seeing how I had wanted this style of a watch for so long. I wonder today, if my old friend still has the Rolex Submariner and if so, does it still run. I am sure it could still be working even though it would be 49 years old now.[/align]

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]

[/align]

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

That is an interesting story. I hope your friend has enjoyed and been taking very good care of his gift Rolex. Congrats on your very good looking Invicta Diver. Wear your new watch in good health. ....Bob

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Great looking watch you got there! I love the classic design of the Pro Diver, and I'm glad to see it available in larger sizes as well.

Thanks for sharing your pics, and ENJOY!

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

great pics T-R enjoy your new watch. I have 5 mechanicals from 36 to 65 years old, they all still run and keep good time. yours may outlast you.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Way to go, Jeff. Mechanicals (and of course, AUTOMATICS) are what get my juices flowing, too. This is the watch, back in the early days (in a smaller 38mm size, I think) that put Invicta on the map. The miyota movement may well outlast us, it is a true workhorse. For me, the magic of all of those little gears and springs all working together and actually keeping time accurately enough to be a daily-wear watch is absolutely amazing in this time of integrated circuits, microchips and silicone.

I liked the Rolex story, too.

Enjoy your watch!

David

·
Registered
104 Posts
imported post

I have the same watch. You will love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts