Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But, I clicked on a world of watches ad, and came across a sale.

Flash sale for $77

I bought one of these for myself with a black dial on deployment back in 2007, but gave it to my best friend when I got home, because I had bought two sporturas, and didn't want to look like I over did it on the watches. I regretted it. I regret it more now, because the battery died a couple years ago and it just sits on his counter while he's trying to figure out how to change the battery on his weird auto/battery fossil. He won't give it back to me, but won't get the Seiko running again. Figured I'd get myself one, and show him how it's done.

These were buy one get 50% off, but really, they took off the price of the watch, so technically, it was buy one, get one free. I never own two of the same watches, but I liked the blue and grey dials, so....

Possibly not the best quality, but I'll just give one or both to a couple little cousins if I don't like them.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I've been telling myself no more watches for the last two years... lol ! Just ordered two more. Its a sickness I tell ya. Those look like some nice pieces at a good price. Especially the Seiko. I almost bought the black dial version of that for twenty dollars more. Think I went with an Invicta Aviator instead.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I'm at a standstill right now with any new watches, I have so many right now I go into sensory overload just trying to pick which one to wear next.

Next watch pickup will be the Borealis Estoril which I put money down on, they're supposed to come out around July, until then I'm satisfied

Reactions: takethe5th

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
This thread has made me start thinking as well. There are watches I would like to add to my collection. There are always watches to add to ones collection of course. And therein lies the 'problem' :D There's no end to it.

The Obris Morgan Explorer II is a certainty. They're (again) sold out but I'll receive an email as soon they're back in stock. I also am interested in the Borealis Estoril 300 or should I say the Presista 300 metre Automatic Diver? Because of Internet, research has become very easy. And where Time Factors has seized production of that famous Omega Seamaster 300 homage, Borealis will start production.

I also like the upcoming Borealis Bullshark but that one looks a lot like the Steinhart Ocean One Vintage. Although the latter has them awful Mercedes hands PLUS the word 'Vintage' on the dial. Sigh. Perhaps I'll drop everything in favour of the Jenny Caribbean 300. Who will give some good advise? :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I've been wanting a two register chronograph for a while. Tisell has a manual one on their Korean only site that in trying to figure out how to buy. Either that, or I'll just break down and get the seagull 1963.

This will hold me over for a while. Soon come, I'll have something else, though.

I'm upset, because my tax returns and bonus from work can get me the fastrider black shield that I've been lusting over... But I have responsibilities. :(

·
Banned
754 Posts
I hate lying to myself. I'm really wanting to get to a point where I am content with collection and stop going through forums, watchrecon and eBay every day, multiple times a day.

That'll be the day.

Reactions: #four

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I hate lying to myself. I'm really wanting to get to a point where I am content with collection and stop going through forums, watchrecon and eBay every day, multiple times a day.

That'll be the day.
I hear you on that one, I told myself no watch purchases in 2016 as my Dad gifted me a GMT Master at the back end of 2015.
I was thinking the Rolex would hold off the addiction for 12 months easily.
Oh no we are only in February and I have purchased a Seiko 5 (FFF) a Seiko Orange Monster and 4 Obris Morgan rubber straps.
It's an addiction that I love and hate all at the same time.
Would not have it any other way though.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Freeks:
How many New Years resolutions have I made that I'd stand pat on any
watch buys for the year. 5 times? 10 times?
I'm an inveterate watch spend thrift. For example, the 1st Victorinox INOX
watch I saw, I fell off the "NBZ" wagon.
Wife sez "any new watch purchases and we're headed for divorce court" So
I'm in the NBZ funk!!!

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I still look at all the usual places daily as well.. Then come here
I find it comforting to hear others with the same plight or ahem, lie we are done.
Just about tripped up with a trade for a Breitling this week.
Went to Tourmeau to see if it was for me... Was not impressed with the watch on wrist

It's the replacement for the Headwind. Galactic Running the base cal 45 or 2834

I really wanted to but....can't.
Anyone who is watching Billions, knows ... Last week where he called his wife for permission
It made me think of watches. LOL silly

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yeah, I've said "No more"…and then caved. Tough to pass on that Seiko at that price. Congrats!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congrats! Yes, watches are definitely an addiction! I had only two relatively inexpensive watches for the last ten years...but in the last six months I've expanded my "collection" to 10 watches. Some autos, some quartz, a diver, a few chronos... Now I'm saving for a Stowa flieger type A and a laco flieger type B...but still find myself checking WUS daily for others options. I don't know what I'm even looking for anymore, but somehow I know it's "out there somewhere" lol. Maybe time for a break so i can pay the bills ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol. Thanks guys. I'm already falling off the bandwagon.

I said "okay, these three are the last for the year."

The, looking through Instagram, I find this...

http://www.amazon.com/Tissot-Mens-T0554271705700-Automatic-Watch/dp/B00KINB0XA

And now I'm trying to keep myself for trying to figure out how to get it without losing money... Meaning, I'm trying to figure what bicycles I want to sell to buy this watch. Lol.

Such a lovely sickness we have.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lol. Thanks guys. I'm already falling off the bandwagon.

I said "okay, these three are the last for the year."

The, looking through Instagram, I find this...

http://www.amazon.com/Tissot-Mens-T0554271705700-Automatic-Watch/dp/B00KINB0XA

And now I'm trying to keep myself for trying to figure out how to get it without losing money... Meaning, I'm trying to figure what bicycles I want to sell to buy this watch. Lol.

Such a lovely sickness we have.
Haha nice watch! I have the Quartz version with a blue face...sick ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
No more he said,past 6 months ive purchased 6.Guys and gals I am telling you its an addiction worse then crack cocaine!!!Thats it finished,oh wait a minute how much is that Vostok Amphibian going for?LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
I hope I can be disciplined enough to stay away from buying more after Lum-Tec M76+.

Here's hoping. Or maybe I should hold off from "seeing" all of you and your posts here on the forum!! :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't think anyone is ever content with their watch collection, that Seiko is cool stil don't have one in my collection but plan to purchase one next year. Right now I have purchased my limit for the year.

Rado D-Star 200 chrono, Breiting Avenger 2 Seawolf, Edox Class 1 chrono, Raymond Weil Nubucko chrono, Oris Small seconds, Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver, MontBlanc Meisterstuck chrono

·
Registered
677 Posts
My wife seems to think she has the answer to my problem……..

Denby

Everytime time I order a watch she orders fricken dishes. $50 coffee cups for crap sakes. Problem is I can't say anything or else the steel door comes down on the "it's your money" authorization agreement.

It's awful…… I'm scared to drink out of a $50 coffee cup.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
My wife seems to think she has the answer to my problem……..

Denby

Everytime time I order a watch she orders fricken dishes. $50 coffee cups for crap sakes. Problem is I can't say anything or else the steel door comes down on the "it's your money" authorization agreement.

It's awful…… I'm scared to drink out of a $50 coffee cup.
Lol !!! Good stuff. Thats why I got divorced. Amongst a few other reasons also. But, I put in my time. 21 years and two kids later, I earned my freedom. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts