Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It costs about three-four times what I considered my personal 'luxury watch' price point to be, but, dam.

Love the annual calendar.
Love the lack of sub dials that my eyes can't see anyway.
Love the Master Chronometer designation and co-axial.
Love the blue on white plus lumes.
Love the pie pan.

What's not to love?

·
Super Moderator
14,660 Posts
It's a great question, because there really isn't anything not to love
like you are saying. (y);) I mean maybe that price could be a little
more friendly,😊however, it really is such a dynamic, and beautiful
watch. Plus you don't even see Globemasters very much either to
be honest. So that's neat right there.

They are show stoppers inside, and out, and outside, and in ! 😄

Really appreciate the look tmoore !!! ..Wow, stunning !

·
Super Moderator
4,802 Posts
It costs about three-four times what I considered my personal 'luxury watch' price point to be, but, dam.

Love the annual calendar.
Love the lack of sub dials that my eyes can't see anyway.
Love the Master Chronometer designation and co-axial.
Love the blue on white plus lumes.
Love the pie pan.

What's not to love?
When does it arrive?

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When does it arrive?
You're killin' me. Ha.
As I type, I am literally waiting for a guy to get back from lunch at a local AD. Hoping to find price and availability local. Gray market online is six to eight weeks.
I'll keep you posted...

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The jeweler/manager at the local Reed's earned my business to the extent I won't be shopping around. Not sure I want to pull the trigger though. I ordered another Longines a couple of weeks ago that I'm still eagerly awaiting.
The Omega store in Nashville actually has the Globemaster in stock, but the price they offered wasn't satisfactory. They want over 8k. I may drive up there and try it on. I wouldn't do that if I were going gray market/mail order. But, if I swing for it, it will be with the local Omega dealer so I got no shame there.
Gonna cool my heels first.

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
The jeweler/manager at the local Reed's earned my business to the extent I won't be shopping around. Not sure I want to pull the trigger though. I ordered another Longines a couple of weeks ago that I'm still eagerly awaiting.
The Omega store in Nashville actually has the Globemaster in stock, but the price they offered wasn't satisfactory. They want over 8k. I may drive up there and try it on. I wouldn't do that if I were going gray market/mail order. But, if I swing for it, it will be with the local Omega dealer so I got no shame there.
Gonna cool my heels first.
The Omega Boutique may be reticent to offer a discount due to the fact that the retail asking price in Switzerland is CHF 8'500 and that in the past few months the USD has taken an almost 10% dive in value against the CHF. If you look at it from that viewpoint, it already has a 10% discount (if they didn't raise the price already to compensate).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts