Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok so i got suckered...Wife convinced me to go to toys r us at 11pm for an opening at midnight...So i was like well im kinda bored why not...I'm sure there wont be that bad of a line for a toy store....:t:t:t...When we got there I could not believe what my eyes were seeing....I have never seen so many people on a line...what the hell were they saving.....and was it worth it...Now im not a person who uses coupons or looks for sales...Thats my wife all the way but not me...I rather just go quick to pick something up and not deal with craziness....Well words are hard to explain what i went through so here is a link of a local news paper..scroll down a bit to see the toys r us pics of the line....Let me know what you think..

http://www.silive.com

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

You are a bigger, braver man than me JP. My wife likes to threaten each year that we are going to go but we never do....thank (_______insert your deity of choice) that we don't.
It's insanity! I would rather pay a litle more than endure that madness.:%:%

CJ

Jackprime1 wrote:
Ok so i got suckered...Wife convinced me to go to toys r us at 11pm for an opening at midnight...So i was like well im kinda bored why not...I'm sure there wont be that bad of a line for a toy store....:t:t:t...When we got there I could not believe what my eyes were seeing....I have never seen so many people on a line...what the hell were they saving.....and was it worth it...Now im not a person who uses coupons or looks for sales...Thats my wife all the way but not me...I rather just go quick to pick something up and not deal with craziness....Well words are hard to explain what i went through so here is a link of a local news paper...Let me know what you think..

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I would have too say if Gina asked me I would tell her to go ____ herself period. I refuse to do such a thing, I dont care how much I might save. Sorry you let yourself get roped into that madness, live and learn I guess!!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I would have too say if Gina asked me I would tell her to go ____ herself period. I refuse to do such a thing, I dont care how much I might save. Sorry you let yourself get roped into that madness, live and learn I guess!!!
hahahahah....You know Ron I was bored and said what the heck...how bad could it be...lol...I ate those words..What I dont understand is what are you saving...? Its not worth it at all...I just think my wife likes it for the challenge...By the way everyone scroll down on that link to see the toy r us pics..Well I guess its a lesson learned because it will not happen again...:madd

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
You are a bigger, braver man than me JP. My wife likes to threaten each year that we are going to go but we never do....thank (_______insert your deity of choice) that we don't.

CJ

Jackprime1 wrote:
Ok so i got suckered...Wife convinced me to go to toys r us at 11pm for an opening at midnight...So i was like well im kinda bored why not...I'm sure there wont be that bad of a line for a toy store....:t:t:t...When we got there I could not believe what my eyes were seeing....I have never seen so many people on a line...what the hell were they saving.....and was it worth it...Now im not a person who uses coupons or looks for sales...Thats my wife all the way but not me...I rather just go quick to pick something up and not deal with craziness....Well words are hard to explain what i went through so here is a link of a local news paper...Let me know what you think..

CJ it was crazy...People were getting into fist fights for cutting the line...Nutz...to even make it more crazy best buy is next door and people had tents up for a 4am opening...they were online since 9pm..:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
hahahahah....You know Ron I was bored and said what the heck...how bad could it be...lol...I ate those words..What I dont understand is what are you saving...? Its not worth it at all...I just think my wife likes it for the challenge...By the way everyone scroll down on that link to see the toy r us pics..Well I guess its a lesson learned because it will not happen again...:madd
No it isnt worth it all for me anyways. The few idiots that cause the issues would do nothing more then get somebody a ride to the hospital, and me a ride too county jail. I dont tolerate fools!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

we went out and got a few things and then said forget it. once it is just to hard to even park it is not worth the aggravation to me. there were thousands of people everywhere.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Strange world we live in JP, we will go to the extent of fist fighting over a few toys but won't exert the energy to lend a hand.....go figure. Glad you guys came out of it OK:b

CJ

Jackprime1 wrote:
Seattle wrote:

CJ

Jackprime1 wrote:

CJ it was crazy...People were getting into fist fights for cutting the line...Nutz...to even make it more crazy best buy is next door and people had tents up for a 4am opening...they were online since 9pm..:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Strange world we live in JP, we will go to the extent of fist fighting over a few toys but won't exert the energy to lend a hand.....go figure. Glad you guys came out of it OK:b

CJ

Jackprime1 wrote:
Seattle wrote:

CJ

Jackprime1 wrote:

I agree...I just dont get it...but to each their own...Now I know why my wife was saying to be calm and dont flip out on anyone...lol...But I know what im gonna do next year..Im gonna buy a few coffee trucks and plant them in front of these stores and clean up...:%:%:%:%:%...Dunkin donuts was closed and I needed me an XL...badly...

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

watchcollector1968 wrote:
We were going to go to Kohls at 4am...I stayed up, Kristie fell asleep and then would not get up...did not take much for me to say forget it, Im tired.

Too bad though, they had George Foreman Grills for 9.99!!!
wow $9.99...that was probably for the first 3 people who enter...lol..sorry we are limited 3 per store...lol...all gimics..:b....I'm sure you didnt miss anything brutha...at least you got a good night sleep..:whatever:

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I ALMOST went out this morning with my family . . . then I decided NOT TO! :c

My Sister sends me texts, updating me on how crowded things are.

I am sitting here, hoping that a nice package arrives from Stuhrling! :)

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I guess no one was working at Stuhrling on Wednesday?! :(

Mail came . . . no watch!

Bummer! :(

CurrentTime wrote:
I ALMOST went out this morning with my family . . . then I decided NOT TO! :c

My Sister sends me texts, updating me on how crowded things are.

I am sitting here, hoping that a nice package arrives from Stuhrling! :)

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

My wife went out all night to do the shopping. She saved about $50. I just laughed. $50!! She's a sucker every year to this scam. I think she likes the thrill of the deal. I guess I'm the same way when it comes to shopping for watches online. The only good thing is that I don't have to fight the lines online. It just takes longer to download because of all the traffic on the sites. By the way I found no good deals on the Black Friday sales when it came to watches.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
My wife went out all night to do the shopping. She saved about $50. I just laughed. $50!! She's a sucker every year to this scam. I think she likes the thrill of the deal. I guess I'm the same way when it comes to shopping for watches online. The only good thing is that I don't have to fight the lines online. It just takes longer to download because of all the traffic on the sites. By the way I found no good deals on the Black Friday sales when it came to watches.
:%:%:%:%:%:%...hey your wife did better then us...We saved a whopping $20 bux...:c:c:c:c:c:c:c...what a gimmick....:madd

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Well Jack, you are somewhat of a saint to concurr to your wife's wishes on that one Bro. Mass hysteria, but not anything surprising. I just don't get it how so many people are willing to deal with that kind'a craziness!!

Me......... I won't even stand in line for 20 minutes at a restaurant to get a table. I'd rather do take out!! JMO. Ya gotta have a certain kind'a personality to deal with those scenerios and if you're "A" as I and some others here are (you know who you are..... LOL) it just ain't gonna happen!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Well Jack, you are somewhat of a saint to concurr to your wife's wishes on that one Bro. Mass hysteria, but not anything surprising. I just don't get it how so many people are willing to deal with that kind'a craziness!!

Me......... I won't even stand in line for 20 minutes at a restaurant to get a table. I'd rather do take out!! JMO. Ya gotta have a certain kind'a personality to deal with those scenerios and if you're "A" as I and some others here are (you know who you are..... LOL) it just ain't gonna happen!!!
I wonder who he is talking about, very funny wont wait 20 minutes for a table. Gina just started laughing out loud "I wonder why that is"?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

arnie11 wrote:

:%:%:%:%:%:%...Hilarious Arnie...I'm with ya on that...I cant wait 20 min. either...I guess the wifey put a spell on me last night...:b

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.