1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
Totally agree with Scott here Honda, 😉nice work ! 🥇🏆

There really isn't a cooler way, or even an easier way to customize
things with a watch when you think about it. 😎(y) And what's so
great is it's so easy, and affordable like you said. Seriously, imagine
doing this in any other hobby. 😮It would cost an arm, and a leg.
But with watches you can customize at will, and really supercharge
things.

I mean you transformed the whole feel of this Yema here, and the
possibilities are still endless right?! It's amazing Honda ! ..Want to
thank you for the awesome look HM !!!

·
Senior Freek
1,374 Posts
I agree. Switching straps is fun. Although I tend to develop a favorite strap that is frequently not the original and wear each piece mainly on my favorite strap.

Reactions: Hondaman

·
Registered
63 Posts
Today I changed straps and it wasn't fun. Typically I prefer simple single pass thru nylons; those I often swap around (easy).

Today however - it required my removing the springbars (simple) - but replacing them was a chore; I launched them several times. All to try out a new stretchy band from The Watch Steward.
Comfy, but very long, with lots of excess elastic.

Now - two plus months later - I'm still waiting on another stretchy band from Nick Manley. In fairness he did post that it'd be 8-10 weeks.

·
Senior Freek
1,374 Posts
Today I changed straps and it wasn't fun. Typically I prefer simple single pass thru nylons; those I often swap around (easy).

Today however - it required my removing the springbars (simple) - but replacing them was a chore; I launched them several times. All to try out a new stretchy band from The Watch Steward.
Comfy, but very long, with lots of excess elastic.

Now - two plus months later - I'm still waiting on another stretchy band from Nick Manley. In fairness he did post that it'd be 8-10 weeks.
I’m loving quick release straps. I tend to launch spring bars across the room too, always “fun” trying to hunt one gone rogue down.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Today I received a new elastic stretch band and later this week I'm expecting a new leather band.
I'm dreading the ordeal of changing things around (three watches involved).

Maybe my love for watches isn't as deep as y'alls.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
Today I received a new elastic stretch band and later this week I'm expecting a new leather band.
I'm dreading the ordeal of changing things around (three watches involved).

Maybe my love for watches isn't as deep as y'alls.
It's sounds pretty deep to me Wrascal. 😀

You know, I honestly never change my straps, or even bracelets
up, and a ton of us don't. But that doesn't mean that don't enjoy
watches less than anyone else. 😊

It's all about having fun no matter how you like to with this hobby. 😉

·
Registered
63 Posts
On my frequent wear watches, I generally just slip one strap off, slide another one on - then toss it in the washing machine.
I suppose on my new elastics (which require springbar removal) I'll just toss the entire watch into the washer (but maybe use a fabric softener).

More likely I'll just hand wash them (hot soapy water) in the sink. Downy Fresh Field Watch, smells so good.

How do you wash those bracelets (Grin)?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On my frequent wear watches, I generally just slip one strap off, slide another one on - then toss it in the washing machine.
I suppose on my new elastics (which require springbar removal) I'll just toss the entire watch into the washer (but maybe use a fabric softener).

More likely I'll just hand wash them (hot soapy water) in the sink. Downy Fresh Field Watch, smells so good.

How do you wash those bracelets (Grin)?
Here is how I wash mine. I disconnect the spring bar in the clasp so the the band will lie flat on a towel. I take an old toothbrush...use toothpaste and brush the bracelet on both sides and then rinse.

·
1,672 Posts
Reactions: Hondaman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts