Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just purchased the Rotary Mecanique from World Of Watches. I liked since I seen it at ShopNBC but the World Of Watches price was less expensive. It was one of their Time Bomb specials. It was $208.00 plus I had a $10.00 gift card, making the price $198.00. As with every timepiece I buy I do ask Theresa if the purchase is OK with her. Since this is my second timepiece in a few days, I think I will put myself in the NO BUY ZONE for a while, I know this watch is small at 38mm by 38mm but I still wear small watches as well as large watches. I liked this model because it is a Swiss Eta mechanical, limited edition to only 400 made and it is the color that I like, brown band with gold plated case. A very nice Swiss Made timepiece, I think. I will try and post a few pictures when it arrives. ....Bob

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Those are nice watches. You also got a great price on it.

Don't worry about the size. Square watches always wear a little larger.

This one will probably wear like a 44mm. Which is a nice size.

Good luck, I know you're going to like it.

T.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Enjoy the new watch. I've heard good things about Rotary but I don't own one. Is there really a NBZ or is that just what we tell the spouses to give them hope?

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Enjoy the new watch. I've heard good things about Rotary but I don't own one. Is there really a NBZ or is that just what we tell the spouses to give them hope?
Yes, there is an NBZ.

It's a really, really tiny place.

Sometimes you think you're in it.

But it turns out you're not.

·
Registered
699 Posts
imported post

I own the same watch and I have a question about it. As often as it pops up for sale at the Shop and WoW, I question the limitation of 400. I would still buy it if it were not limited, and I paid $400 and thought it was a good deal.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

congrats Bob your wrist size is a factor on how it will look but the only person that has to be happy is you

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

I think you did GREAT on that one. I have wondered about the 400 made, but there's no argument that you got a great watch for under $200.

Enjoy it and if you hate it, let me know. I'll buy it from you, LOL

Wear it in good health!

David

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great deal Bob...Congratz and post some pics when you receive it..Enjoy!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Congrats!! Bob. I looked at that watch. I think you will really like it. I own several 38mm's and they are still just as nice as a 75mm LOL!!! Post some pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thank you all for the kind comments. .... Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Hi marc, I never thought about the NBZ that way. Maybe? But, I do try and dicispline myself when buying timepieces. If I see something that I like, it makes it easier when I talk to Theresa about purchasing it. If I purchased several watchesevery month, she may wonder,do I reallyknow what I want. ....Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

toecutter wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
Yes, there is an NBZ.

It's a really, really tiny place.

Sometimes you think you're in it.

But it turns out you're not.
Hi Toe, that could be true. ....Bob

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Congrats, Bob! That is certainly a wonderful timepiece! Enjoy it!

I've owned 2 of these Mechanique watches and found them to be of superior quality and very classy looking.

ENJOY!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

CONGRATS Bob! Rotary make a great watch and the one you got is a real beauty! Post pics when it comes in!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks you both for the kind responses. I am looking forward to the Rotary watch being delivered. I will try and take some good pictures of it. ....Bob

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Hey Bob! What a great deal on such a beatiful time piece. That bad boy just reeks of class! Wear it well and yea, I look forward to pics!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Thank you Arnie, I think I need a little class, :lol! I will do my best to try and get some nice pictures. ....Bob

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

Congrats on a nice pickup - Bob - please do post some pictures when you get it !!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts