9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Tell him he can wear the Krunkle for ten minutes....:%:%:%

CJ

Watchguru58 wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
maybe you can meet up with maui from this site and he can give you the inside scoop on the good places to hit!
I sent him a PM a few days ago and haven't heard back from him. Ed, where are you brother? LOL!! Maybe he thought I was going to try and stay at his house LOL!!!
:%:%:%That might work LOL!!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

thunderingpants wrote:
Very cool, sounds like fun. A guy I work with tries to go over at least once a year. He does seminars and teaches classes over there, so that helps pay for his off time. My vacation this year will be spent as a caregiver for my wife after her stem cell transplant.
You couldn't give a better gift my friend. :c

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I hope you'll share some of your pretty pix with us...I really dig lush, tropical plants...just sayin'.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Man....sounds like a great trip. Enjoy yourselves on your second honeymoon.....I guess this will put a crimp in the grail fund.....LOL.....but it will be worth it.
It will KILL my watch fund LOL!!! So much for the ROLEX Ha Ha LOL!!! Oh well after this trip my wife will probably go easy on me for a while if I decide to buy another watch. I'm looking forward to the vacation. It is well needed at this point in time. Thanks Marc :b

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
That is awesome Hawaii is so cool, I have never been to any of the other islands besides the Main island. I had a blast there, it's been about 8 years this year me and the wife went there on our honey moon. We stayed in Kona, and drive around the whole island stopping at all the different beaches, and Went to volcano national park. I wish i could go back some time soon. Wanna borrow my Hawaii for dummies book?:%
Thanks my friend. I enjoy Hawaii. I tossed around the idea of a cruise, but I think this will be funner. :b

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

The only thing that sux about going to Hawaii is the 13 hour plane trip. But I would take Hawaii over the bahamas any day.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
The only thing that sux about going to Hawaii is the 13 hour plane trip.
13 hours on a plane...tens of thousands of feet in the air...much of it over water...oohhh God.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
The only thing that sux about going to Hawaii is the 13 hour plane trip. But I would take Hawaii over the bahamas any day.
It is a long flight for sure. I'm driving to Las Vegas from SLC because I have to drop the kiddies off at Grandma and Grandpas and then I begin the long flight out there.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

hey Rob - are you taking the redneck special??

oops i mean the Red Eye??

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
hey Rob - are you taking the redneck special??

oops i mean the Red Eye??

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%
As a matter of factI'm flying the Red Eye home. They told me that I could sit on a tire in the aisle. This information came after I told them I was from Utah :lol

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

you should tell them you're a police officer - maybe they'll give you a cushion & a doughnut!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

ok ok maybe they wont give you a doughnut - with all the recent budget cuts and all!! LOL

:lol:lol:lol

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
ok ok maybe they wont give you a doughnut - with all the recent budget cuts and all!! LOL

Hell I think there is a peanut surcharge now LOL!!!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

of course - where do you think they get the fuel from???

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
imported post

I will pay the peanut surcharge if they guarantee that the plane has enough fuel to fly the required distance Ha Ha LOL!!!

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
imported post

Do Maui Downhill - it is a bike ride from the top of the Volcano to the sea (10K feet). My wife and I did it when we were out there and it is a blast! They bring you up for sunrise over the crater and you stop for lunch on the way down...well worth the time and money!

Here is a link - http://www.mauidownhill.com/mauibiketours/summitsunrise.html

The road to Hana is a ride up the twisty coast of HI...you go past a bunch of waterfalls, a black sand beach...etc.

link - http://www.mauiinformationguide.com/road-to-hana.php

We went snorkeling and sport fishing too...all great!

What part of the island are you staying? We stayed in Wailea at the Fairmont Kea Lani -- great area and great hotel. Let me know and I can track down a few of the restaurants that we liked...

Never went to Oahu...went to Maui, Lanai and Kawaii...definitely go see the monument in the harbor!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

have fun. never been there. maybe some day

21 - 40 of 76 Posts