Watch Freeks banner

I have a disease . . . maybe you do as well!

4K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  rbmbb 
#1 ·
imported post

The days when I'm looking to buy a watch tend to be the most "fun" days for me. Conversely . . . the days in which I seem content with my watch collection are as equally fun . . . almost. :)

I sat down to my computer this morning, and I know that I have a watch listed for sale/trade. The anticipation of selling that watch also brings a level of excitement to the possibility of "what's next" . . . what will be the next conquest?

I am acutely aware that I enjoy this "rush" and look forward to when these times happen. So much so, that I wonder what's wrong with me?!?!?!? :%

I know that most of you won't find anything abnormal about what I just wrote . . . but everyone else in my life thinks I'm crazy. :eek:

What say you? :t

#6 ·
imported post

I am in a weird place with my watches. I like most of them one day, and the next day I DON'T like many of them. It is frustrating.

Like today I am very unsure about many of them and want to make wholesale changes, but I normally take a step back and rethink my momentarily crazy thinking, lol

I also have a disease and to date I have not been able to find a cure, haha

#9 ·
imported post

BINGO - WE HAVE A WINNER -THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FEEL

IT'S CRAZY - I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!!

:%:%:%

TVDinner wrote:
I am in a weird place with my watches. I like most of them one day, and the next day I DON'T like many of them. It is frustrating.

Like today I am very unsure about many of them and want to make wholesale changes, but I normally take a step back and rethink my momentarily crazy thinking, lol

I also have a disease and to date I have not been able to find a cure, haha

#10 ·
imported post

Watches have always been a fill in for me, When I am doing what I love they are a long ways down the totem pole. it will be a long while before I get a new watch. As many here know building cars and bikes are #1 on my list, and when I am not then I will use this watch thing as a fill-in! So right now I could care less about the collection and have moved onto something else. However I will say if you get as wound up as I do when I end a day and reach a milestone then you are a happy camper thats for sure!!! Enjoy and have great moments while doing what your doing!

#12 ·
imported post

It is a Love/Hate hobby for me....I love the hunt, the thrill of a new watch purchase, the anticipation waiting for it to arrive, and the pleasure of wearing it. I also love to trade..... I hate when I'm broke, or when a piece falls short of my expectations, or when I lose interest in a piece. I hate it the most, when a great deal comes at a bad financial time and I have to pass, that makes me very, very sad......:WW. Oh, well....now I'm just waiting for the new Bulova Percisionist to come out this fall, so I have something to save and look forward to through the summer.

#14 ·
imported post

Donut wrote:
You may be crazy, but you are not alone. :%

Cheers,

Rob
Donut:

Is this Pandora's Box? Are you going to open it?

#16 ·
imported post

toecutter wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
Donut wrote:
You may be crazy, but you are not alone. :%

Cheers,

Rob
Donut:

Is this Pandora's Box? Are you going to open it?
No, it's a box of whoop-ass. Don't make him open it!!!!
That would need to be a CAN of Whoop-ass.....

#17 ·
imported post

Y'all are funny! :c

In my mind . . . I have already bought 3 Oris watches this morning . . . that and at least half a dozen Breitlings, another beautiful Deep Blue, a Khaki 7753 Chrono, an Alpina Avalanche Regulator, a J-L Tourbillon . . .

:wf

#19 ·
imported post

Trust me you DON'T want to make him open it. If he posts the pic he sent to me you will ALL IMMEDIATELY go into convulsions and probably faint where you stand, lol

#21 ·
imported post

I think that all of us were born with the same "mutant gene" in our DNA structure. It can remain dormant forever or at some point, through some incident, the gene becomes activated and the obsession not only begins, it permeates our entire being................. "The Watch Rush"!!!! We're all here because as ridiculous as it is, that's what gets our rocks off!!! Me? Now that I've expressed that, I'm gonna seek out help immediately!!! LOL............. wish I could buy Rob's Kremke. That .............. wouldbe a whole lotta help!!!!! :lol:lol

#22 ·
imported post

Watches are now a sickness to me. Not a bad one though. I do feel I spend too much time pondering over my collections and wants. I have reached a point now where I am considering trading one of my NFW APs to try to acquire some sort of nice Swiss Made diver with an ETA 2824 in it. I have had a couple of inquiries but nothing of any decent size. Now if I could get someone with a Debaufre or Deep Blue Master 2000 come at me????? Now I am rethinking even trying to trade one of the APs. Emotions one day this way the next day an entirely different direction. I need to be committed.

#23 ·
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
I think that all of us were born with the same "mutant gene" in our DNA structure. It can remain dormant forever or at some point, through some incident, the gene becomes activated and the obsession not only begins, it permeates our entire being................. "The Watch Rush"!!!! We're all here because as ridiculous as it is, that's what gets our rocks off!!! Me? Now that I've expressed that, I'm gonna seek out help immediately!!! LOL............. wish I could buy Rob's Kremke. That .............. would help a whole lotta help!!!!! :lol:lol
It's a waiting for you Arnie. I can ship it out today LOL!!

#24 ·
imported post

you got VP's????

Watchguru58 wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
I think that all of us were born with the same "mutant gene" in our DNA structure. It can remain dormant forever or at some point, through some incident, the gene becomes activated and the obsession not only begins, it permeates our entire being................. "The Watch Rush"!!!! We're all here because as ridiculous as it is, that's what gets our rocks off!!! Me? Now that I've expressed that, I'm gonna seek out help immediately!!! LOL............. wish I could buy Rob's Kremke. That .............. would help a whole lotta help!!!!! :lol:lol
It's a waiting for you Arnie. I can ship it out today LOL!!

#25 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:

Y'all are funny! :c

In my mind . . . I have already bought 3 Oris watches this morning . . . that and at least half a dozen Breitlings, another beautiful Deep Blue, a Khaki 7753 Chrono, an Alpina Avalanche Regulator, a J-L Tourbillon . . .

:wf
In my's mind...I dun got's a half a dozen nekkid ladies from da nudie barattendin' to my every need!!! My wifey is no where ta be found, and da mother-in-law is sealed shut in the Apocalypticated cataclysmicated bomb shelter....

That's what's goin' on in my mind.....Get 'er dun Larry...get 'er Dun!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

#26 ·
imported post

Open Sesame!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.