Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought lots of different watches until I found this one in a pawn shop. I loved the look of it. I put it through hell, but no scratches on the crystal. I dropped it, and now it acts funny. I don't think it's worth repairing. I guess I could just buy another, but I'm thinking of getting a GShock and a seiko dress watch that just runs on a battery. Anyone know a good looking aviator that is built tough? Cool GShock ideas? Something that makes a statement, but not too obnoxious?
Screenshot_20210111-023845_Google.jpg

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Any watch that isn't completely digital has a risk of breaking the movement when dropped. Hell, a digital watch can break when dropped. A G-Shock analog movement will be more robust and handle more abuse, of course, though they will be bigger and bulkier. Long Island Watch has a lot to offer by way of aviation style watches: Pilot Watches | Island Watch
Happy hunting!

·
Super Moderator
11,360 Posts
Looks like Jeff really has you covered with his link above VG10 ! 😎😉

Had found a couple Seiko's, and G-Shocks to add into the mix as well.
There is really so much out there that's it's incredible. You are bound to
find multiple watches that fit the bill honestly. It's just a matter of choosing
among the seemingly infinite choices. And then enjoying looking around
at everything. Have fun, and welcome too by the way ! 🙂

A couple Seiko's, and a few G-Shocks out there...

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I bought lots of different watches until I found this one in a pawn shop. I loved the look of it. I put it through hell, but no scratches on the crystal. I dropped it, and now it acts funny. I don't think it's worth repairing. I guess I could just buy another, but I'm thinking of getting a GShock and a seiko dress watch that just runs on a battery. Anyone know a good looking aviator that is built tough? Cool GShock ideas? Something that makes a statement, but not too obnoxious?
View attachment 132834
You can pick almost the same exact watch from Amazon new for $243

·
Registered
857 Posts
I loved my G-Shock until it died recently, before I ever needed to change it's battery. The circuitry went bad.

Meanwhile Flieger watches or Field Watches are faves.

Here's a Seiko 5 Field watch black dial with black band, you can get it with a cream/beige dial, green dial, or blue dial.

Here are some great Flieger style picks from Amazon, if you see a watch style you like, you can always check other outlets for that style to see if it has a better price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts