Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So, I dreamt I worked in an office and just arrived back off of holiday. For some strange reason my watch collection was kept in a piece of furniture in the office. The furniture in question had been moved, and nobody knew where it had gone. I frantically ran around the building looking for it, and then I woke up in a panic. Now, the next bit kept me awake. I realised that if all my watches had been taken I could not afford to replace them, and would probably have to give up my interest in them. You see, I can insure any valuable item on my house insurance, but my collection only has a collective worth. Of course I would then to have a single watch for all purposes, so what would it be. It would have to be well made, waterproof, accurate, and aesthetically pleasing. I decided to mechanical watches out of the equation because quartz are more practical. So after lot's of thought I decided my Victorinox INOX would be perfect, albeit I would probably buy a bracelet for it. SO, based on my criteria what would you choose ?

Super Moderator
That really was, and would be a terrible nightmare MW. 馃槯
What a great question, and topic sir ! (y)

Trying to think of what watch of mine would fit this criteria.
You said it has to be quartz right?! So unfortunately all of
the vintage watches wouldn't work for this. Hmm, probably
might just be the only Citizen I have to be honest.

It's an all purpose watch, pretty nice looking, and has an
Eco-Drive quartz underneath it all. 馃檪

Registered
Very interesting question but can I pick only one out of my collection regardless of movement type? :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
That really was, and would be a terrible nightmare MW. 馃槯
What a great question, and topic sir ! (y)

Trying to think of what watch of mine would fit this criteria.
You said it has to be quartz right?! So unfortunately all of
the vintage watches wouldn't work for this. Hmm, probably
might just be the only Citizen I have to be honest.

It's an all purpose watch, pretty nice looking, and has an
Eco-Drive quartz underneath it all. 馃檪

No, I didn't say it had to be quartz, that was just my decision. Any watch you want !

Super Moderator
No, I didn't say it had to be quartz, that was just my decision. Any watch you want !
Oh, cool MW, then that makes this question that much harder to answer.
Was thinking that Citizen ticked all the boxes, and would be nice overall.
However, I also have a small collection of vintage mechanicals that I really
get a kick out of. Not to mention quite a few watches that were given as
gifts by family, and friends over the years that I really cherish. Oh man, I
am not sure that I can actually choose just one now Mrs. Wiggles. 馃槷馃槃

Registered
The INOX you've selected has been on my mind lately, I'd like to get my oldest son a durable alternative to Gs, some class and flavor that's bullet proof and affordable.
For me it'd be this g.

It was my dads, he didn't care to adjust the time on it so he gave it to my brother who tore the band off it working, it sat for years, he gave it to me. The display is the best of my couple, I like the look of plastic junkers, my wife hates them.
Your question frames circumstances that push mechanicals out, I couldn't rely on them without regular rebuilds.
Sure glad we don't have to make an apocalyptic choice!

Registered
The INOX you've selected has been on my mind lately, I'd like to get my oldest son a durable alternative to Gs, some class and flavor that's bullet proof and affordable.
For me it'd be this g.

It was my dads, he didn't care to adjust the time on it so he gave it to my brother who tore the band off it working, it sat for years, he gave it to me. The display is the best of my couple, I like the look of plastic junkers, my wife hates them.
Your question frames circumstances that push mechanicals out, I couldn't rely on them without regular rebuilds.
Sure glad we don't have to make an apocalyptic choice!
Not to take anything away from the INOX which is a great watch but have you checked out the Citizen Promaster Tough? It's a great looking watch, also bulletproof and affordable. I have the blacked out version with a nice Marathon rubber strap. They're reduced to about $215 now on Jomashop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts