Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I use my Chrono on my StarTech 5040F tonight on the Stuhrling show with Larry and Tim. I actually timed how much time Larry got to talk vs Tim Temple, and all I am going to say is "If I was Larry I would be pissed off"

Tim Speaking time 44 min 16 seconds
Larry Speaking time 15 min 44 seconds

Unreal!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Yea, Tim does sometimes dominate the presentations and the guests can not get a word in...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
imported post

Thats a real shame.Larry has alot more knowledge about his watches than Tim does.So he should let the man speak.
ken

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i dont think he's used to having guests and/or letting them talk!!! LOL

JS does this too to a certain extent -he dominates as well but he's better at it since he's used to having guests

JMHO

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

Yea your are spot on Ron, i don't even watch when he is on and i am missing out on some great watches, i tried to watch it with the mute on, but Hell, even it can't keep up with tim.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I am real surprised he hasnt been reeled in, I would think that the Shop has a protocol that all hosts follow, but not for Tim?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

i think its better then JS's yelling like the second coming of Billy Mays....either way i dvr them and rip thru an hr show in 5 minutes as most of it is unappealing to me....I long for the days of the SWI shows with Swiss high end stuff again.....Few and Far between.....As for the other regular watch shows....not for me as its a rehash of the same stuff over and over..

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I watched the show for a bit, but lost interest. I don't like to watch these shows when I know I don't have the green to purchase anything.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

That part does not bother me much, mainly because i tune out that voice anyways, but to actually see the domination of air time, and not letting larry do his thing just cracked me up.

djpop wrote:
Ron you should have also counted how many times Tim said ( YOU GUYS )

·
Registered
312 Posts
imported post

Ripit Ron..LOL here you too funny thanxs for the laugh.Thats nice your chrono works so well.What bothers me most is the half hour they talk about the same watch that they talked about already on the past hour.I want them to throw down some serious liquidation prices get rid of stuff and break out the new watches for 2010.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . . I must be the exception, I dont mind Tim at all. Great passion and he knows his watches . . . . But hey, thats just me.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . . I must be the exception, I dont mind Tim at all. Great passion and he knows his watches . . . . But hey, thats just me.
I actually do not have a problem with Tim's style, but he does over talk the guests sometimes.

Tonight Jim was actually pretty reserved in my opinion and Larry did A LOT of the talking and presenting of the different watches. I like when Larry presents the watches.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Agree'd 100%

I dont know the man, all I know is he rambles to damned much, and needs to turn the reigns over to the pro's!

TVDinner wrote:
randyswagon wrote:
I actually do not have a problem with Tim's style, but he does over talk the guests sometimes.

Tonight Jim was actually pretty reserved in my opinion and Larry did A LOT of the talking and presenting of the different watches. I like when Larry presents the watches.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Very interesting!
Very interesting indeed, interesting that you are digging up nine, ten-year-old threads? Trying to pad your post numbers, or are you just bored?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts