Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I was appalled at how hideous it was when I pulled it out of the box & my stunned disbelief was taken for surprised delight...Hahaha.

I like watering cans...I have them all over the place...Filled with fresh flowers, dried flowers, sitting throughout my garden & patio & they hang from the rafters in my potting shed...I was gifted with a porcelain one & it is one ugly puppy...Have you ever received a gift that you feigned happiness over ?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Every year at Christmas my mother-in-law buys me several very nice gifts that I know I will hate before I open them. This year I got handkerchiefs (don't use them), Slippers (don't wear them), and two ties (ugly and uglier). Never any receipts so I'm always stuck with them. But I paint on that smile and say thank you and pray for a miracle for next year.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . year after year my sister manages to get me the most absurd gifts. It's as if we never met, and she assumes I am a retard.

I think the "Football shaped arm rest/remote control holder made out of shiny plastic" had to be the worst!!!! It's so bad . . . I can't even Google an image of it!!!!!

I don't even talk her anymore . . . .

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

NO NO IT WAS AN ACTIVA!!!!!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:b

Seattle wrote:
Actually it was an Invicta!!!!:BE:BE:BE(JK)

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
BUT it was a KMART/WALMART CHEAPO!!!! :%:%:%:%

Seattle wrote:
Someone knew that I liked watches.............they bought me one.:(
I really appreciated the thought and effort but.....:BE

CJ

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

This year my mother gave me two presents. A tooled leather wallet that fell apart when I tried to put my driver's license in it (She's only known me for 49 years and still doesn't know that of the few things I seriously dislike in life - tooled leather is right near the top of the list) and she also gave me a back massaging seat cusion. It has two big plastic things that stick out and jab you in the back. I sincerely appreciate the thought, but c'mon! A back massager that hurts the back?!?!?! I found this so weird that I just had to tell her. It's going back (she said she would give me the equivelent in cash to put toward a watch - now she's thinking!)

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

That sounds like a Mom, LOL. I have been telling mine forever to not buy me clothes....ever! Guess what I get every year???
I tell her to make me a home cooked meal (amazing cook) instead and I get that anyway. Ya gotta love Mom!!!

CJ

vbobdriveguy wrote:
This year my mother gave me two presents. A tooled leather wallet that fell apart when I tried to put my driver's license in it (She's only known me for 49 years and still doesn't know that of the few things I seriously dislike in life - tooled leather is right near the top of the list) and she also gave me a back massaging seat cusion. It has two big plastic things that stick out and jab you in the back. I sincerely appreciate the thought, but c'mon! A back massager that hurts the back?!?!?! I found this so weird that I just had to tell her. It's going back (she said she would give me the equivelent in cash to put toward a watch - now she's thinking!)

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

almost every present from my office mates when we exchange gifts. always are lame and i always act like they are great. it is pretty sad.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I really can't think of anything from my family that i didn't like. We are all pretty good at getting something the person needs or wants!

I got 5 ties this year and I loved them. My wife gets me the coolest ties that all match the suits I have so there's no problem! With ties, I'm real conservative and my wife isn't so she gets me the more edgy ties that I always end up liking and getting the most compliments on!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.