Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I dropped my Stowa Marine Automatic on a stone surface and now it is not ticking. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix this?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

andrema wrote:
What do you see through the back? Does it look damaged? Can it wind?
It looks normal from the back, although I'm not really remembering what exactly it should look like.

It can wind, just doesn't tick.

·
Registered
289 Posts
imported post

OOHHHH mmm ruby , balance wheel , pinion, balance shaft or you may just get lucky BUT find aqualified watch makerto open her up and give you a realopinion (not BS). Good luck

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
imported post

Happened to me once. $45 repair for me. Case hardened so only the stem was bent. One hand came loose

Awfully nice watch, but heavy ones... Get a deployment. First thing I do now

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately no matter what brand most watches will suffer some internal damage when dropped or if they get a good hit. I agree with most of the other guys take it to a qualified watch repair shop it could be something easily fixed if not your going to have to get an estimate and decide if the cost of the repairs are worth it or buying a new or used one in working order be the best route. IMO if the repair of a watch is 75% of the cost of a new or used replacement I wouldn't bother with a repair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts