Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I think it is low also, but I can bet that they will hammer the crap out of this in coming weeks.

With the SAN III kit the next big release, they will mark this up A TINY AMOUNT and push it hard as possible to get rid of remaining stock.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

which is exactly why many are going to wait to see how cheap these end up on the daily deal sites. who knows how low these could go based on how low the SS ones have been showing up for on the deal sites.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
They have only sold $600,000 worth of watches of the OTV in three hrs I am not sure that is up too Invicta's typical standards!
I wonder if people are feeling that this version has been done to death? I didn't feel that way when Skelton first mentioned the release of an SAS on rubber over a month ago. My view has changed a bit since then.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
They have only sold $600,000 worth of watches of the OTV in three hrs I am not sure that is up too Invicta's typical standards!
I wonder if people are feeling that this version has been done to death? I didn't feel that way when Skelton first mentioned the release of an SAS on rubber over a month ago. My view has changed a bit since then.

I agree if they didnt pimp the last versions during the anniversary event, I think this would have sold out quickly. They pushed the last batch so much I think it has played out pretty hard!

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I also really REALLY think that the changed dial is HORRIBLE

The open 3 dial look was one of the signatures for this watch and it is basically gone

versus

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Well I agree with ya TV that many are going to wait and see. As per the lenghty threads that you posted on both forums, we're just starting to wise up and excercise a little patience. Unlike you though, I think that the change in dial style is kinda cool. I have two SAS models already and don't think I would even entertain buying another with the same dial. So the variation works for me, but the price does not. Especially when WE KNOW it's gonna be out there for much less sometime in the near future. For those that wanna "be the first" it's all good. Me, like we've discussed, kinda tired of buying and finding really significant price drops in the market after that. I'll just wait. JMHO.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I think it's just been played out.

Look at when the Excursions came out. They lasted like thirty seconds at the shop.

Couldn't even air them.

Now there's a ton of them out there.

Waiting for them to show up at TJ Maxx. Then I'll get one. I like the look.

Even though they both are very nice pieces in their different configurations.

It's just a matter of saturation of the market.

A lot of people want them. Just not everyone. JMO

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

I don't care for the new dial at all - I picked up the other version with the black and rose tone gold and I love it. This new one is just not signing to me !! I'm going to pass

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

if this was $299 i would've jumped all over it -yes they changed the dial etc etc

i just dont think that @ $377 its that much of a deal

it is likely to see this watch on a deal site within 3 months at $299 easy - do i want one -yes -will i pay top dollar for it - NO WAY!! never again for the big Invicta

i learned my lesson

·
Registered
48 Posts
imported post

Hmmmmm . . . think that the bracelet version is much better looking. It's such a well made, great looking piece that the rubber is sort of "out of character." But I can see the appeal if you don't always want to wear a classy looking bracelet - something to knock-around a bit.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

Don't worry boys by Christmas when the Thunder and the Mount and the Imperious and ViperFish start popping there heads up, we will be back waist deep in watch heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
Don't worry boys by Christmas when the Thunder and the Mount and the Imperious and ViperFish start popping there heads up, we will be back waist deep in watch heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA
There are 3 possible 4 watches that I will own. I am diggin that new Imperious, as well as the mount and the thunder as well. The ViperFish is a maybe, not real big on the whole dial and colors at this point.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.