Watch Freeks banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nice!!

Hehe, it looks like someone took a Vostok Amphibia "ministry case" (710) and joined it to a morphed Steinhart watch face.

A rather handsome watch :)

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice!!

Hehe, it looks like someone took a Vostok Amphibia "ministry case" (710) and joined it to a morphed Steinhart watch face.

A rather handsome watch :)
It's an almost 1 to 1 copy of the vintage (oh, how I hate that word :)) original. 2 mm bigger case (from 36 mm) and (thankfully) no cyclops on the sapphire crystal that wasn't there in 1970 of course. So it's propably the other way around ;). Resco Instruments also did their version of the 'Hooper' watch (and the called it the 'Hooper') but it's even bigger and with more moders materials. And 30% more expensive.

Reactions: FBPB

·
Registered
955 Posts
Certainly there is not a thing "hideous" about that one. Absolutely killer. Nice pick up Frans.

Reactions: GoodWatch

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Very cool. Have you experimented with oh, let's say a tropic strap?
Not yet (I'm too infatuated with that bracelet right now :). And that while I'm more of a strap guy). But I'll slap it on a Tropic strap soon. Not a genuine Tropic strap because they are horribly expensive ($100 or so) but I think I have a clone that fits.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bracelet:

Or strap?

Reactions: Reflex

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
That funky bracelet has a certain bow-chicka-wowwow that rocks, but the strap's tight, I'd go strapped.
It's great you can mix it up.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It'll be 80% bracelet, 20% strap. As mentioned before I'm a strap guy but somehow this bracelet just fits the watch like a glove. I borrowed the strap from another watch and ordered another one. Thanks for you comments!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Strap makes it look nice to my eye, pops better off the wrist, makes it look visually lighter as well.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts