Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've been working on my own watch design for the past few months. I would love to get peoples honest opinions, ideas, and feedback before I start the sampling process!

I'm also interested in what people prefer, a flat sapphire crystal or domed one? ceramic bezel or aluminum?

Here are some renders and specs.

tablet header.PNG

Specs.PNG

pictures 2.PNG

Instagram Post – 3.png

Instagram Post – 4.png

Instagram Post – 5.png

Instagram Post – 6.png

Instagram Post – 7.png

·
Super Moderator
13,227 Posts
Hi Marcus, and welcome to WF ! 🙂

That is a timeless looking watch right there, not to mention
handsome looking also. (y)😎 If it turns out looking half as
nice as the renderings, you will have a real winner on your
hands. Because it gives people a classic look they might be
looking for, as well as another nice option, and choice.

Actually am not sure what would be better crystal wise. I
guess it depends on the person. ..Would it be possible to
leave that an open option for people to choose? That would
be very cool.

Although it might be fine just to go with an aluminum bezel.
Just to keep costs down. ..In any case, it's a sleek looking
watch that is for sure, and will wish you great luck with it
Marcus.

Thanks a bunch for showing it to us !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Marcus, and welcome to WF ! 🙂

That is a timeless looking watch right there, not to mention
handsome looking also. (y)😎 If it turns out looking half as
nice as the renderings, you will have a real winner on your
hands. Because it gives people a classic look they might be
looking for, as well as another nice option, and choice.

Actually am not sure what would be better crystal wise. I
guess it depends on the person. ..Would it be possible to
leave that an open option for people to choose? That would
be very cool.

Although it might be fine just to go with an aluminum bezel.
Just to keep costs down. ..In any case, it's a sleek looking
watch that is for sure, and will wish you great luck with it
Marcus.

Thanks a bunch for showing it to us !
Thank you for checking out my watch design and taking the time to reply in such a thoughtful manner! I actually like the look of domed sapphire crystals, but they are less legible than a flat crystal so i was curious about what other people though of this. Does design overtake function here? Yes aluminum would be a little cheaper, and aluminum does look good on the Tudor Black Bay, so it might be a good option that gives it a little more of that vintage feel.

I think yes it is possible to give people the option! Ill have to discuss this with the manufacturer. I plan on retailing the watch for $495 - $595.

I'm happy to be apart of the forum! thank you for the warm welcome!

·
1,078 Posts
Hi, welcome and cool that you can design like that...

Keeping the overall design intact, which is your style or idea, creation, I would make only a couple of suggestions.

Add a triangle on the bezel around the dot at 12. The bezel as it is seems to be missing something.
lengthen the tail of the seconds hand, 2mm or so, to make it a little more balanced.
widen the hour and minute hands a bit, you could make the hour hand a little larger but not too much.
Put a small marker with lume below the date window

Personal preference would be

a Seiko movement
41mm wide
22mm lugs
Make sure there is enough space between the springbar and the case for different straps, leather, Zulu, etc.

But hey, the design looks great. (y):)

·
Super Moderator
13,227 Posts
Thank you for checking out my watch design and taking the time to reply in such a thoughtful manner! I actually like the look of domed sapphire crystals, but they are less legible than a flat crystal so i was curious about what other people though of this. Does design overtake function here? Yes aluminum would be a little cheaper, and aluminum does look good on the Tudor Black Bay, so it might be a good option that gives it a little more of that vintage feel.

I think yes it is possible to give people the option! Ill have to discuss this with the manufacturer. I plan on retailing the watch for $495 - $595.

I'm happy to be apart of the forum! thank you for the warm welcome!

You are very very welcome ! (y)

I guess design can actually overtake function, but it all depends on what
someone is looking for in a watch at the same time. To be honest, actually
think that you should go with your heart with these. ..If you like the domed
crystal, than I would go with that. But if you can have the option of the flat,
that would be terrific also.

It's a win win either way !! 😀

·
Oris Freek
3,599 Posts
It is an overall really nice design. So hard to come up with something that hasn't already been done. It has a little 62MAS in the case lugs. Which is always good. The side reminds me of a micro brand I have called the Axios Flagship.
The bracelet stands on it's own as does the big polished chamfers. Love the choice of the STP movement. Keep the case thinner.
I'd say the only things I'd change would be the "potato chip" clasp. Got to have a scissors type clasp on that great bracelet. And I know it's tough. But the hour markers look all to familiar. Maybe design something all your own. Only my opinion.😉
Great to see you striking out on you own. I wish you nothing but good luck on your endeavor.👍😎

·
Long Time Member
444 Posts
I like the design a lot , just A couple of suggestions based on personal preferences.
  • I like the cleaner dial without the date window, maybe you can consider it as an option
  • bracelet looks very nice, a ratcheting clasp would be a great upgrade

·
Watch Freek
891 Posts
Hello! I've been working on my own watch design for the past few months. I would love to get peoples honest opinions, ideas, and feedback before I start the sampling process!

I'm also interested in what people prefer, a flat sapphire crystal or domed one? ceramic bezel or aluminum?

Here are some renders and specs.

View attachment 136026
View attachment 136025
View attachment 136024
View attachment 136019
View attachment 136020
View attachment 136021
View attachment 136022
View attachment 136023
The watch is nice, but very similar to many other watches available. The clasp needs more micro adjustment, or better still a glide lock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, welcome and cool that you can design like that...

Keeping the overall design intact, which is your style or idea, creation, I would make only a couple of suggestions.

Add a triangle on the bezel around the dot at 12. The bezel as it is seems to be missing something.
lengthen the tail of the seconds hand, 2mm or so, to make it a little more balanced.
widen the hour and minute hands a bit, you could make the hour hand a little larger but not too much.
Put a small marker with lume below the date window

Personal preference would be

a Seiko movement
41mm wide
22mm lugs
Make sure there is enough space between the springbar and the case for different straps, leather, Zulu, etc.

But hey, the design looks great. (y):)
really good feedback! thank you for taking the time to reply! I'm posting some tweaked designs and different color themes in about a week! :) I defiantly want the watch to be worn on straps, i know me and others usually have a decent strap collection haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are very very welcome ! (y)

I guess design can actually overtake function, but it all depends on what
someone is looking for in a watch at the same time. To be honest, actually
think that you should go with your heart with these. ..If you like the domed
crystal, than I would go with that. But if you can have the option of the flat,
that would be terrific also.

It's a win win either way !! 😀
I do think ill go with the flat crystal with chamfered edges, kinda captures the appeal of both while keeping the case thinner, which seems to be what people want from a lot of the feedback I've gotten so far! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is an overall really nice design. So hard to come up with something that hasn't already been done. It has a little 62MAS in the case lugs. Which is always good. The side reminds me of a micro brand I have called the Axios Flagship.
The bracelet stands on it's own as does the big polished chamfers. Love the choice of the STP movement. Keep the case thinner.
I'd say the only things I'd change would be the "potato chip" clasp. Got to have a scissors type clasp on that great bracelet. And I know it's tough. But the hour markers look all to familiar. Maybe design something all your own. Only my opinion.😉
Great to see you striking out on you own. I wish you nothing but good luck on your endeavor.👍😎
Yes I 100% the clasp is going to be changed. and thank you for the kind words! I really do appreciate that! People seem to want a little more originality, so in about a week ill be posting updates to the design, with some new color ways, which I think should give it a more original look. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the design a lot , just A couple of suggestions based on personal preferences.
  • I like the cleaner dial without the date window, maybe you can consider it as an option
  • bracelet looks very nice, a ratcheting clasp would be a great upgrade
I agree! New clasp coming soon! I can defiantly create a version with no date, and see if that's what most people prefer over the date version. I might be able to offer both, but It might increase the MOQ so ill have to talk to the factory and see if its possible. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The watch is nice, but very similar to many other watches available. The clasp needs more micro adjustment, or better still a glide lock.
yep! some of the top feedback has been about the clasp haha. so im changing that out and also creating new color variations along with a few tweaks to the design itself. hopefully it creates a more original look. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The grips on the bezel do not appear to be deep enough to be effective. You may want to widen the margin and make a little deeper to improve grip
good point, ill talk with the factory and also ill be testing this when the first samples come in! thanks for mentioning that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts