Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I dont know how much bad luck one team can possibly have in 1 year.

Injury list

1) Nick Batum
2) Travis Outlaw
3) Nate Mcmillian the coach tears his patella
4) Tonight Greg Oden breaks his leg and is out for the year

WTF is going on?:WW

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

The kid finally starts playing up to his potential and he snapped a stick?? Sorry to see that Rip. Well, I guess they'll have to put that run against the Lake show on hold for another year!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

You know as much as I would like too believe the could make the run against them, I just dont see them taking out that existing team. I hate the Lakers, especially Gasol and Bryant but those boys are damned good!

And if Oden cant stay heathly which he appears he cant, it is time too look else wear I think!

TUNAKLLR wrote:
The kid finally starts playing up to his potential and he snapped a stick?? Sorry to see that Rip. Well, I guess they'll have to put that run against the Lake show on hold for another year!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
You know as much as I would like too believe the could make the run against them, I just dont see them taking out that existing team. I hate the Lakers, especially Gasol and Bryant but those boys are damned good!

And if Oden cant stay heathly which he appears he cant, it is time too look else wear I think!

TUNAKLLR wrote:
You're right. Damn shame they won't realize their investment in the "kid". Can you say...Bill Walton?!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I was thinking Sam Bowie all over again, at least bill brought us a Championship!

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

TUNAKLLR wrote:
You're right. Damn shame they won't realize their investment in the "kid". Can you say...Bill Walton?!

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Yea, he is not like Walton. Walton DID HAVE one great year and a championship like Ron said. Right now I am not sure if Oden ranks at all. He has not played a full season and really has never been the dominating center everyone wanted him to be. This injury sucks and it to bad.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I was thinking Sam Bowie all over again, at least bill brought us a Championship!

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Sam Bowie is definitely a more fair assessment since Walton did get hardware. I was just thinking along the lines of them both being absolutely dominating college players and NOT living up to their tremendous potential due to injury. Hell, I suppose Bowie was thought of as the next coming too...he was taken before 23 right?! You think they wanted to get THAT one back?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

No comment!!! The single worst draft choice in NBA History!!!

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Sam Bowie is definitely a more fair assessment since Walton did get hardware. I was just thinking along the lines of them both being absolutely dominating college players and NOT living up to their tremendous potential due to injury. Hell, I suppose Bowie was thought of as the next coming too...he was taken before 23 right?! You think they wanted to get THAT one back?

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

This really sucks. I was looking forward to a championship in the coming yrs. Oden has proved that he can play with the big boys, rebounding machine and shot blocker, his points will come. I saw that he broke his knee cap tonight and thought of Sam Bowie myself. I just hope that he can get healthy and be a part of this championship team that they are building. GO RIP CITY

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Here is the sad part, I truly believe that the Blazers are a better team without Oden in the line up at this time. Although he was starting to play very well, the rest of the team watches him play. With Joel Pryzbilla a play is never run for him and the flow of the game is much better! Oden will never have the abillity to dominate a game on offense like Oneal could, but the rest of the team watches him like oneals team mates do!

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I agree, and they don't need his points, they have plenty of shot makers, they need his presence in the paint. Blocking out, rebound and put back, thats where he should be getting his points.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Now thats funny! I wonder if there will be a Seattle team anytime soon?

Seattle wrote:
Go Seattle SuperSonics!!!!:b:b:b

CJ
when the team was in Seattle did it draw as many people as the Thunder are now in Oklahoma City - they are the 10th highest in attendance in the league - pretty good - but how does that compare to what Seattle used to draw??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Man, that's a tough one Rip; the commish does not like us because of the ringer we put him through. They are saying it will be at least 5 years before there is even a chance.........never say never.

CJ

RipitRon wrote:

Seattle wrote:

CJ

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

In all fairness it's difficult to compare the attendance or enthusiasm of an old established team with consecutive years of limited success with a city that's excited about their first professional team. Ideally the comparison would be a little more true to life in 10 years.

CJ

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

Seattle wrote:

CJ
when the team was in Seattle did it draw as many people as the Thunder are now in Oklahoma City - they are the 10th highest in attendance in the league - pretty good - but how does that compare to what Seattle used to draw??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Seattle is right, the sonics had done nothing to better them selves for 10 yrs. The management was making terrible decisions, and just couldnt get that team heading in the right direction. Every team that experiences poor attendance is a reflection of there winning or loosing.

·
Registered
699 Posts
imported post

He was also dissappointing in college for my Buckeyes for the half year he played. He'll be an answer to a trivia question in a few years: Which number one pick never played a full season in the NBA?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

Thats funny he was by far the best player on that team! The only reason they went to the championship game was because of him!

jb182 wrote:
He was also dissappointing in college for my Buckeyes for the half year he played. He'll be an answer to a trivia question in a few years: Which number one pick never played a full season in the NBA?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.