Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW

I am so upset as I literally just witnessed a dog die (not mine).

I won't describe the circumstances, but it was absolutely HORRIFIC!

I can't stop crying!

I need to go talk with my Sister.

:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

That is terrible Rick. Very sorry you had to experience that. Breath if you can. Just breath.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Rick
dont sweat it -it was his time!!! really dont let it get to you to hard!!

all of life is birth,death, and re-birth

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

I'm really upset as it was my neighbors pit-bulls that killed my other neighbor's shepherd mix!

I got the pit-bulls off of the other dog, but it was too late!

The dog died on the ground, in front of my feet!

I had no idea that I could be impacted so strongly by this!

I feel profoundly sad! :WW

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

it is so horrible that people do not properly secure these animals nor do they properly train (that breed in particular) NOT to kill other animals

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Are the police there Rick. No matter what the situation is that dog is dangerous. I am happy that YOU WERE NOT HURT by this dog.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Are the police there Rick. No matter what the situation is that dog is dangerous. I am happy that YOU WERE NOT HURT by this dog.
I imagine that the police will be by at some point.

There was actually a PAIR of pit-bulls that attacked the other dog.

I know the pit-bulls very well. They are otherwise very sweet and have played with my dog (supervised, of course) on many occasions. Until now, I didn't have specific cause to worry about these two dogs.

Even while they were attacking, they listened to me and stopped (with a little physical assistance from me).

However, it was too late.

Apparently, the dog who died, entered the back door of the owner of the pit-bulls and started to attack their 3rd dog (a Chihuahua) and that's when the pit-bulls went nuts, chasing the shepherd mix out of the house and over to it's yard (several houses up the street). That's when the deadly attack occurred, and at the time I just happened to walk outside to hear it all and respond.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Those pit bulls can be very dangerous. I am glad you are not injured because they can turn on humans quickly. Please make sure the police investigate this dog in order to protect other animals, small children and even adults. I'm sorry you had to witness this. It is a horrible thing and there is no way to erase it from your experience so try to make a positive by making sure so one else has to witness this again or any other animal needlessly suffer.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry that you witnessed this.

I love dogs but why people insist on owning Pit-bulls is beyond me.

Can they be trained, yes.

Can they be trusted, I'm afraid not.

It looks like they were just protecting their buddy, though.

I still stand by my statement although I edited this after reading your later post.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I also love dogs (and cats) and as unpopular as my (our) opinion might be TC I also believe that their are breeds that are far more apt or capable of violence than others. Yes, training is a huge component but it's not enough. I have heard time and again that it's never the breed and all about the owner and training......but we all seem to understand and agree a trained tiger or lion is capable of unprovoked violence??? Why can't we accept that this is a possible scenario for dogs????

This particular situation appears to be one of home protection but at the same time why were any of the dogs free to get to any of the houses? Owning a dog is a huge responsibility and too many times we see people take this "privilege" for granted.
In the end this is just a damn shame.

I hope you are feeling better Rick, you should not have had to deal with this.

CJ

toecutter wrote:
I'm sorry that you witnessed this.

I love dogs but why people insist on owning Pit-bulls is beyond me.

Can they be trained, yes.

Can they be trusted, I'm afraid not.

It looks like they were just protecting their buddy, though.

I still stand by my statement although I edited this after reading your later post.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
imported post

I have a pitbull-boxer mix that is nothing but sweet. We used to have a black lab that would constantly attack the pitbull. We eventually hod to put the black lab down when she became a laibility after attacking a few friends. The black lab was raised in another home and apparently a bad home, while we raised the putbull. So the agression that is "notorious" of pitbulls is all in how you raise it. Pitbulls can be great around kids if raised properly, just the same that a beagle, black lab, or any other breed could be raised to attack paople and other animals if not raised properly.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I am sorry to hear about your black lab CMD, that is never, ever an easy thing to do. We had a Shepard that came to us under similar circumstances, same results.

CJ

CMDrew6115 wrote:
I have a pitbull-boxer mix that is nothing but sweet. We used to have a black lab that would constantly attack the pitbull. We eventually hod to put the black lab down when she became a laibility after attacking a few friends. The black lab was raised in another home and apparently a bad home, while we raised the putbull. So the agression that is "notorious" of pitbulls is all in how you raise it. Pitbulls can be great around kids if raised properly, just the same that a beagle, black lab, or any other breed could be raised to attack paople and other animals if not raised properly.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

I looks like the neighbor who's dog was killed has begun retaliating . . .

I heard a bunch of noise outside, and when I looked over at the the house of the pit-bull owners, their garbage has been spread all over their yard and there's broken glass all over the driveway and sidewalks! The teenage son of the dead dog's owner is the one who drove away.

I think I need to leave the 'hood for a few hours and not get caught in the crossfire!

This is just unreal!

As for me . . . I'm really really happy that I didn't get hurt. I momentarily paused before taking action to get the pit-bulls off of the other dog. Obviously, I didn't think about it very well or I might not have interfered.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I agree; get the hell out of there. Nothing good is going to come of this.

CJ

CurrentTime wrote:

I heard a bunch of noise outside, and when I looked over at the the house of the pit-bull owners, their garbage has been spread all over their yard and there's broken glass all over the driveway and sidewalks! The teenage son of the dead dog's owner is the one who drove away.

I think I need to leave the 'hood for a few hours and not get caught in the crossfire!

This is just unreal!

As for me . . . I'm really really happy that I didn't get hurt. I momentarily paused before taking action to get the pit-bulls off of the other dog. Obviously, I didn't think about it very well or I might have not interfered.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
I agree; get the hell out of there. Nothing good is going to come of this.

CJ

CurrentTime wrote:

This is just unreal!

As for me . . . I'm really really happy that I didn't get hurt. I momentarily paused before taking action to get the pit-bulls off of the other dog. Obviously, I didn't think about it very well or I might have not interfered.
Leaving right now! Heading over to my Sister's place.

The pit-bull owner just saw what happened to his yard and is throwing s**t around like he's ready for battle!

I'll be on later! :)

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Holy mackeral CT! Just saw this! As a true dog lover myself, I can't even imagine if that were my dog that the pit bulls got to. So sorry you had to be "in the mix" my friend. That is extremely difficult to deal with. Dogs are my favorite people, but pit bulls are just to volatile and unpredictable. Not a breed of choice by any means.Shew!!!!!!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Rick, I'm sorry to hear about this and I'm sorry if I offend any Pit Bull owners, but I have never had a positive experience with a Pit Bull. They are breed to be killers and I think they should be illegal to own. I have personally shot 2 Pit Bulls in my career as they were coming to attack me or somebody else unprovoked. If you love them and own them be responsible and keep them locked up or fenced in. If you want to take them for a walk keep them on a leash. Again I hope I haven't offened anybody, but I have some serious issues with this particular breed. I have been attacked several times just jogging down a residential street. In those cases I used pepper spray once and a taser the second time. Sorry to all dog lovers, but my safety comes before that of a dangerous dog.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.