Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

BIG BANG

Even before you see this watch you know it is going to be something pretty special, such a bold name which seems to scream out the word unique... I am posting this because earlier tonight i noticed a guy wearing what looked like a Hublot... whether it was real i will never know... But it has stayed in my mind so i thought i would write this :) What do you guys think of it? Do you like it? Do you love it? Or, do you hate it? Any comments appreciated :b

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/wBr2MjzTyKg&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

That is one pretty expensive watch if you did really see one today!
Did it look like this?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

It was the Luna Rossa one, a tribute to somebody from racing, has red on the dial, it looked very authentic but you never know if its real or not... i would have asked but he was with his family so i didnt disturb him. Looked nice anyway lol!!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Dane, I can only see the first video about the Hublot company. The second video about the Big Bang watch has been blocked in this country for some reason, I did find the first video extremely interesting. It is great to see a major watch maker investing in their product and their future. Thanks for posting the videos. ....Bob

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

JC Biver is an awesome gentleman that is, in my opinion, a genius.

I had the opportunity to have dinner with him at a dinner party in Boston to introduce the new Big Bang watch in 2005. This was his creation and was built by the original Hublot company. They were the first watchmaker to put a rubber strap (vanilla scented by the way) on a dress watch and it was a smashing worldwide success.

JC was the man who resurrected Bruguet for the Swatch Group working directly for Nicholas Hayek. Although the words were never spoken directly, JC wanted to design and build his own line of watches but couldn't do that at Swatch so he went to the original Hublot which was later bought by LVMH.

Pictures of the original samples Biver toured the US with are shown at :

September 29, 2005 Hublot Boston dinner

JC Biver can be seen in a number of the pictures in the album. I have a hand-drawn sketch of a column-wheel chronograph movement that he wanted to build with the column-wheel visible at the 12:00 position. I will track it down in my archives, scan it into a jpeg and post it here and in my Photobucket album.

Hublot has a separate brand forum on timezone.com and I encourage anyone interested in the watches to take a look. JC posts there often and you can gain an insight into his personality by reading his posts.

I personally think the Big Bang has been seriously overdone and would like to see some more of his designs come to production.
company started by Carlo Crocco in 1980.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
I've never been a fan of the Big Bang. I'll leave it at that. :)
I actually agree with you Rick. I am sure many like it, Just not my style.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.