Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined ages ago but haven't ever posted. So... Hi. :)

I'm pretty much all about affordables. Love me some vintage watches but have a few newish ones too. Also I like tinkering with watches but wow what a learning curve.

Anyway here's a few of my recently worn watches. My wife gave me the Fortis, my best watch, for our wedding over 15 years ago.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Welcome back to WF!
Very Nice Fortis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: azkid

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I know I love watch pics myself. :)

Quick question. I seem to not have permission to post in some threads according to Tapatalk.

I didn't see anything about new posting restrictions in the rules but maybe I missed it. Maybe Tapatalk is wonky. Anyone know?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I know I love watch pics myself. :)

Quick question. I seem to not have permission to post in some threads according to Tapatalk.

I didn't see anything about new posting restrictions in the rules but maybe I missed it. Maybe Tapatalk is wonky. Anyone know?
Nevermind found the answer. :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I"m not sure of the restrictions really, a moderator may chime in. I know you must have a minimum of 75 posts to participate in the Buy/Sell/Trade section though.

Edit: too late!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I"m not sure of the restrictions really, a moderator may chime in. I know you must have a minimum of 75 posts to participate in the Buy/Sell/Trade section though.

Edit: too late!
No worries, @enricosonic, I found a post that says you need something like 5 posts on the Intro forum before you can post elsewhere.

Meanwhile, I forgot to mention I also like pocket watches so... Here's an 1897 6S Elgin hunter I got a good deal on. It came to me not working.

The case is what suckered me in. It's in pretty darn good shape.

Somehow I was able to get the crappy 7J movement running after cleaning and installing a new mainspring. It was actually one of my first successful servicing attempts.

Last I checked it was running within ±60spd with a much better average.

·
Super Moderator
9,701 Posts
Hi azkid ! :) It's terrific that you are saying hello,
and showing us your exceptional collection here
too by the way ! :clapping-hands-abov

Man oh man, can it get a nicer?! Or cooler really?!! :eek:

Every one of these stunners are showstoppers,
and priceless if you ask me. ..Thanks very much
for showing them to us, and just for being here !

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
A very outstanding collection, Bravo!

Reactions: azkid

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks folks! That is most kind. I look forward to posting pics of my others as I wear them. (Right now I'm wearing the Bulova Senator again)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts