Watch Freeks banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per the request of a few folks here, I'm going to post some info here about swapping the bezel out on a Vostok wristwatch. :) Now, this how-to only applies to the Amphibia and Kommandierskie models. Anything else, including the watches manufactured by Vostok Europe, are beyond me.

First, a little bit of information to help. Vostoks uses several different designs for their bezels, but all contemporary models, regardless of the line, share one common thing; The friction/retention ring!

This is the ring that I removed from the original bezel off of my Amphibia. To be honest, it's simply a piece of heavy steel wire that's been bent and inserted into the bezel, then snapped onto the watch. Here's a pic of the bezel with the ring in place:

Removing it is simple; you can use either a Watchmakers Caseknife or a simple butterknife for it, but all it amounts to is prying it off the watch. :) Vostok uses plated brass for their bezels, so don't be surprised if you pry it off and see little flecks of gold-tone metal along the bottom portion of it. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Kommandierskie line uses the same plated brass (unlike the Amphibia line, which uses polished stainless steel) for the watch casings, so be careful if you decide to replace the bezel out on one.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Talk about a simple mod! Now to get a replacement bezel on eBay. Thanks for the tip, TVG!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts