1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

http://www.ehow.com/how_2086208_stop-compulsive-buying.html
  1. Step 1
    Recognize the problem. Sometimes just simply understanding your impulses to buy compulsively, can help you take control of the urge. When you recognize that you have a problem you give yourself the power to stop.

Step 2
    Think about your purchases before you buy. Certainly not all impulse buys are bad; sometimes there are great promotional offers that shouldn't be passed up. However, be honest with yourself and question whether or not you really need the item. Only when you are sure that you need and can afford an item, should you by it.

Step 3
    Make a list of items that you need before you go to the store, then commit yourself to only buying what is on the list. When you see an item in the store you think you might like, keep it in mind, but out of the cart. After a day or two, you may come to realize you don't actually need the item. If you decide you do want the item, add it to your next shopping list.

Step 4
    Refrain from shopping when you feel angry, lonely or depressed, as these tend to be the times you will shop compulsively in an attempt to boost your mood. Overspending will only make you feel worse in the long run.

Step 5
    Destroy your credit cards and shop only with cash, a debit card or a check to avoid spending money that you do not have. This will also prevent you from spending money on television shopping networks or ordering from catalogs with a credit card.

Step 6
    Seek professional help
    if you cannot control your compulsive shopping addiction. Many counselors and self-help groups can help you with this problem.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I'm gonna cut right to the chase and make a blanket statement - i think all of us can agree on

WE ALL NEED TO SEEK PROF HELP WHEN IT COMES TO WATCHES AND THIS OBSCESSION!!!

Spaceview wrote:
Step 6
Seek professional help
if you cannot control your compulsive shopping addiction. Many counselors and self-help groups can help you with this problem.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

:%:c:%:c:%:c:%:c

No kidding Rick, I was reading through it and thought wow, a personality profile....how cool!!

By the way, I thought this post had something for sale???? How much?? Do you take VISA???:%:%

CJ

CurrentTime wrote:
What . . . so you needed to put our 6 best qualities on on WFs!?!?!?!?!? :lol:lol

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I don't have a problem just ask James Ha Ha LOL!!
As far as I am concerned Watchguru58 IS 100% well adjusted and perfectly normal. Carry on now!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

HI MY NAME IS GEORGE ..... I'VE BEEN A WATCHAHOLIC FOR 9 MONTHS NOW... IT ALL STARTED WITH THE INVICTA SPRING FORWARD EVENT BACK IN MARCH!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I don't have a problem just ask James Ha Ha LOL!!
The first step to a cure is admitting that you have a problem and that you need help.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
:%:c:%:c:%:c:%:c

No kidding Rick, I was reading through it and thought wow, a personality profile....how cool!!

By the way, I thought this post had something for sale???? How much?? Do you take VISA???:%:%

CJ

CurrentTime wrote:
What . . . so you needed to put our 6 best qualities on on WFs!?!?!?!?!? :lol:lol
THAT was funny as hell.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I don't have a problem.

I just log in and hit the quick buy button.

See.

No problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.