Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1) click on the youtube icon as shown below -

2) when the pop up box comes up put in the URL for the youtube video. For example:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGyTateYOQ

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

That's good to know. I'm still trying to figure out why I can't post pictures from photobucket. I'm doing it the same way I do everywhere else and all it does is leave the imprint of where it is suppose to come from.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

you should. i see it in both IE and FF. what browser are you using.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

rbluz wrote:
Im using google crome
that is probably why. such a new browser that many of the features of almost all forum softwares out there are not comparable yet. I will check with my software company about crome.

·
Registered
46 Posts
imported post

Hi James... same issue here with my Google Chrome. The entire second row of green format icons isn't displaying on my Post Reply box. BTW, Don (tattoo chef) did a great job trying to walk me through the process, both online and phone. He's a gentleman and great representative of the WatchFreek community!

Enthusiastically,

David. (carpediemdjg)

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
imported post

ericf4 wrote:
When replying I don't have a YouTube button?..
Oh, that's just you Eric. :t

It's been designed that way.

They're afraid of the kind of YouTube stuff that you might post. :%

And I don't blame them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
imported post

Thanks Eric. I'd send you a video message, but I don't have Safari either :)

BTW... wanted to thank you for a review you posted a while back on the Sicuro 3 watch winder and case. Just picked one up and other than some motor noise, it's been great. Beautiful furniture as well!

David

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

In a nutshell, there are actually 3 editors the software uses. The forum software we use sniffs the browser and switches between depending on which browser it sees. For the most part it is set up mainly for IE and FF users.

If it sees a browser it does not recognize it defaults to a simple view editor. In some cases that eliminates some of the advanced coding buttons that the IE and FF users see. Right now this software does not show everything in Chrome and defaults to the simple view, which works, but is missing some buttons.

I love the current forum software we are using, but I am considering a possible change in 2011 to Vbulletin, which is expensive .. maybe

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
imported post

No wonder why I couldn't get one to load the other day. It was really funny, too. Don't remember what it was now.

I guess you had to be there.

It was driving me crazy (crazier)

Now I know the rest, of the story. :b

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

8/26/11 Update

We have upgraded some of the coding so the YOUTUBE button that people see (when using IE or FF) will now work with BOTH the short and long URL links Youtube uses.

The Youtube button now works with the Short "Share" link Youtube posts for videos -

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/N9qYF9DZPdw[/flash]

AND the Youtube button now also works with the longer traditional URL for videos you see in the browser window -

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/N9qYF9DZPdw&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Good stuff!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Just wanted to bump this help thread since there has been some recent questions about how to add a youtube video.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

Thanks for bumping that up! I thought you had to be a moderator to do that...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts