Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,
I want to know how can one pack his watch do that is will with-stand the throwing of the luggage and the load of the other bags and your watch is safe through-out a long flight and poor luggage handling.
I have bought a Raymond Weil which I want to arrive safely :)

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Always in your carry-on. Never checked. I use this:

Croton Travel Case. It holds 5 watches plus some jewelry.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

ALWAYS CARRY ON - ALWAYS

I use the same Croton travel case Marc posted above or one of my smaller cases. Always carry on.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

That's a cool thing but what if you do not have a that and the only thing you have is the original box of the watch. Then how?

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Wear it!

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

Abdullah wrote:
That's a cool thing but what if you do not have a that and the only thing you have is the original box of the watch. Then how?
use an eye glass case and add some foam to keep it static inside. or a dirty sock :%

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Actually my uncle is bringing it and he does not like to wear watches :(

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
imported post

When you buy your long flight travel goodies, get a bag of something you don't particularly like to eat and toss the (wrapped) watch in that bag in your carry-on. It will be safe there and you'll never go near it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
imported post

Maybe you can wrap it in some sort of kitchen towel and put it in your carry on :O i personally wouldn't leave them in luggage. Those little bags that you put your toothbrush and tooth paste are perfect to put your watch in.

Rbmbb is a legend for thinking of that idea

·
Registered
74 Posts
imported post

Carry-on or wear it. Never pack jewelry in luggage.
Wrap a piece of bubble wrap around the watch and secure it with two rubber bands. Place it in your pocket.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
imported post

You really don't have much of a choice. Either explain to your uncle how important the watch is, and have him place the watch in his carry-on and the box in his luggage. Or have someone else ship/bring it to you.

You really only need the box if you're going to resell the watch.

Personally I would never want someone who doesn't appreciate timepieces, wearing one of mine...but that is something you have to live with if he scratches/loses/breaks...etc...

Good luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
imported post

always wear it, neverrrr check it in!

·
Registered
54 Posts
imported post

I'm ruminating on this for a travel case:

Kain Heritage Leather Travel Box
Holds 3 watches.
Runs about $150 though...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
imported post

halifax wrote:
I'm ruminating on this for a travel case:

Kain Heritage Leather Travel Box
Holds 3 watches.
Runs about $150 though...
If you got disposable $$$, that would do it.

I use this(Breitling service cases)and don't need to worry about other watches banging on each other during travel since it only holds one. Got 8 for $8 eachon Ebay brand new.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts