Watch Freeks banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Watch Freek
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally change my watch on a daily basis according to a spread sheet rota. That said, I often put another one on about 8pm for the last hour or so before I go to bed. However, for the last week my wife has locked me in the spare room because I have managed to contract Covid. As a result I have been changing my watch every few hours, just for for something to do.

What about you?

·
179 Posts
I've recently returned to wearing a HUGE watch to bed (w/ tritium sights) but its got to come off in the morning.
Then it's decision time (small collection of maybe 7) and I rotate them; I guess that means I change up twice a day.
Correction (8), another one is in the mail (3 weeks now with delivery maybe 2 weeks away).

Both bride and I have had all three shots (hers=moderna, mine was Pfizer). She came up positive xmas day and sufffered headaches/ dizziness for over a week. I lived with her, untested, and felt well. I assume I likely was a carrier and so stayed at home.

When I get bored I play with the GMT hand on one of my watches, setting it to Greenwich Mean Time; I suppose you don't want that - so I suggest you set yours to USA Central time.

Hope you feel well.

·
Senior Freek
1,420 Posts
I never wear a watch to sleep. I usually wear a watch daily, sometimes two in one day. I just wear whichever one strikes my fancy.

·
Super Moderator
1,481 Posts
I mostly wear 1 watch (a Vostok) during the week day, but not always. Sometimes I'll wear the Speedy, Mühle Glashütte or a vintage Zenith. When I get home, I put on my Steinhart for cooking, cleaning, washing dishes etc. I also sleep with it on as I am blind as a bat without glasses and the contrast / long lasting lume makes it easier to see time when I wake up at 4am....

·
Super Moderator
15,617 Posts
Well first off, I hope you are doing o.k. MW, and that you aren't
feeling too bad. I always get really upset when someone says
that they have it, and honestly get so worried. Hopefully, it ends
up not being too bad. Or you are even possibly already at the
end of the ordeal there.

It's amazing that you were even able to think to take the time
to post a topic up like this. 😮🥇🏆:cool: So thanks so very much
for not only the great question, but then taking the time like this
here sir !!!

This really is an extremely cool question, because it shows how
all of us will enjoy our watches in different ways. And really, in
my case, and only in the last couple of years. I have gotten into
a pattern, or groove of keeping watches on for days at a time.
I do take them off just like Gary does when going to bed. Plus
just always like to take them off when showering. But other than
that, I have been getting on streaks of wearing watches. And do
not change them every day anymore.

One of the great things though, is this could change at any point
you guys. 😉

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,929 Posts
Sometimes I will wear a couple of different watches in one day, I almost never wear the same watch more than 2 to 3 days in a row.

I have absolutely no rotation, that to me is too much like work, and tedious, I just pick out whatever one tickles my fancy that day.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,929 Posts
I normally change my watch on a daily basis according to a spread sheet rota. That said, I often put another one on about 8pm for the last hour or so before I go to bed. However, for the last week my wife has locked me in the spare room because I have managed to contract Covid. As a result I have been changing my watch every few hours, just for for something to do.

What about you?
This Omicron out here where I live has infected more people in one week than 6 months of regular COVID, no one has been hospitalized, one couple, he's 80, she's 71 have it and have been laid up at home with flu-like symptoms, but they told them at the emergency room they had regular COVID, not Omicron.

Everyone I know who has it, was fully vaccinated, so much for the vaccines!

• Haha
Reactions: Roarry

·
Long Time Member
613 Posts
This Omicron out here where I live has infected more people in one week than 6 months of regular COVID, no one has been hospitalized, one couple, he's 80, she's 71 have it and have been laid up at home with flu-like symptoms, but they told them at the emergency room they had regular COVID, not Omicron.

Vaccines don’t stop you from getting it. They reduce the symptoms.

Omicron is burning through the population so fast that it appears we may finally achieve herd immunity.

·
Watch Freek
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

In the UK there is no way of knowing what flavour of covid we have. My symptoms have been very mild, so I presume it is Omicron. I had my third vaccine 6 weeks prior to contracting it

·
Long Time Member
2,004 Posts
I don't follow any rotation. I switch mid day to another watch.
Don't ever wear a watch to bed or in the shower.
I can go 10 months & never wear the same watch.

·
Long Time Member
2,004 Posts
Vaccines don’t stop you from getting it. They reduce the symptoms.

Omicron is burning through the population so fast that it appears we may finally achieve herd immunity.
Sadly, some people will never understand & go on spreading lies and bragging just how "great" it is where they live.
Of course, what they say is utter nonsense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.