imported post

No wrong answer here.

Poll above and discussion below.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Similar circumstance, here!

Exactly 13 watches . . . 6 Autos, 6 Quartz, 1 Manual wind Tourbillon which is the greatest thing since sliced bread because I never thought I'd own a FREAKIN' Tourbillon in my lifetime but it's sittin' here right beside me doing that damn trance thing with the tourbillon cage and I keep watching then get totally sidetracked from what I was doing . . . but otherwise, it's OK! :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

I got 10, I had a quartz, but gave it to my son, I have terrible luck with Quartz, so now I only buy and collect auto or mechanical. the last watch I got was the SWI limited edition #065/300. nicest watch I own in an auto. I also have an Invicta Mechanical Chrono, a Christophe Skye All Date model. 2 lucien Piccard Autos and a couple other brands.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Have not counted lately, but I think around 50-ish or so. Selling some of them off and taking the collection in a different direction. The HUGE ones have gone, like Russian Divers...just cant wear them enough to justify them...they are a no go at work.

Going with my first love in watches...back to the G-Shocks. Also my Invicta Pro Diver's...realizing that 40mm is not too small.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm at 15 as of now. Most are sub-$200. I am reassessing my collecting strategy and I plan on buying less next year but going for a few mid-grade watches ($500 range).

2 Swiss Legend Commander automatics (white & red)
2 Swiss Legend Commander three hand quartz (green & yellow)
1 Swiss Legend Commander chrono (black/gold)
1 Seiko Orange Monster
1 Renato T-Rex Gen II
1 Swiss Army Military
1 Citizen Eco-drive day/date
1 Citizen Eco-drive Orca
1 Invicta Dragon Lupah
1 Invicta mechanical skeleton
1 Invicta Force Flight GMT #6199
1 Croton Coin (NJ)
1 Croton Super C
1 Android Concept T Retrograde (Coming Dec. 25 2009)

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

DingBat wrote:
I got 10, I had a quartz, but gave it to my son, I have terrible luck with Quartz, so now I only buy and collect auto or mechanical. the last watch I got was the SWI limited edition #065/300. nicest watch I own in an auto. I also have an Invicta Mechanical Chrono, a Christophe Skye All Date model. 2 lucien Piccard Autos and a couple other brands.
That SWI LE must be gorgeous. Do you have a pic?

Is it the 3-hand model?

Lior's whole SWI LE series is just gorgeous!

I'm thinking of getting one. I just don't know which I would prefer (and wear). :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

yes, it's the 3 hand model with only the date at 6:00. has ETA 2824-2 Movement. White/silver guilloche face. no pics yet, but I'll post to the swiss thread area in a couple of days with pics.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TV I would never sell a watch on Freeks, Geeks, Ebay or anywhere else again. All my watches get sold too family, Friends, and co workers. I have said before I have never lost more then 10% on any Invicta I have ever bough and the reason is either I buy them well or I sell them too people that have no clue what you can actually buy them for. So with that said you wouldnt pay what I will get for them.

Example I have a Invicta triple black Elite Chrono on a leather strap that I paid $115.00 for and I have it sold for $110.00!

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
63 as of now, Three must go to get back to my magical number of 60!!!
which 3 are for sale?

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
TV I would never sell a watch on Freeks, Geeks, Ebay or anywhere else again. All my watches get sold too family, Friends, and co workers. I have said before I have never lost more then 10% on any Invicta I have ever bough and the reason is either I buy them well or I sell them too people that have no clue what you can actually buy them for. So with that said you wouldnt pay what I will get for them.

Example I have a Invicta triple black Elite Chrono on a leather strap that I paid $115.00 for and I have it sold for $110.00!

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
63 as of now, Three must go to get back to my magical number of 60!!!
which 3 are for sale?
Love the fact that you are honest about selling. I feel a good deal between a seller and a buyer is if both go away feeling good than it is a great deal for each. Thank you for your honest approach to us. It is foolish to try and baffle a watch geek/freek on price. Why put everyone through it. No good can come from it. CARL

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . Just north of 50. Pretty spread out on brand variety.

-Invicta.

-Swiss Legend.

-Burett.

-Officina del Tempo.

-Chase Durer.

-Seiko.

-Citizen.

-Junkers.

-Zeno.

-Magico.

-Stuhrling Original.

-Rolex.

-Jacques Lemans Geneve.

-Marina Militaire.

-Nicolet.

-Timex.

-Waltham.

-NFW.

-Oceanaut.

-Lucien Picard.

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . Just north of 50. Pretty spread out on brand variety.

-Invicta.

-Swiss Legend.

-Burett.

-Officina del Tempo.

-Chase Durer.

-Seiko.

-Citizen.

-Junkers.

-Zeno.

-Magico.

-Stuhrling Original.

-Rolex.

-Jacques Lemans Geneve.

-Marina Militaire.

-Nicolet.

-Timex.

-Waltham.

-NFW.

-Oceanaut.
No Christopher Ward yet?

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . right after the holidays. Have to take care of the kids and Wifey first. I'm on hold for the moment.

BUT, after that look out . . . CW Henley Auto on alligator . . . . . . . And then I will invade the Japanese model market heavily!!!!!! I keep harping on the Japan watches, and I am dead serious . . . I love what I see, and MUST own a number of them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.