Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about this guys. How about you?

How do you think Baselworld is going to be this year?

Every year it seems to get bigger, and better with all of the watch companies outdoing themselves. It even gets hard trying to pick a
favorite watch, or watches each year don't you think?

So do you think this year will be the best yet?

Might we see more companies, and brands paying tribute to the past with cool vintage style heritage watch models?

Or will companies look more to the future with more technological, and funky designs? Hopefully it's a mix of both, and is the best Baselworld ever, but how do you think Baselworld will be this year?

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
I am hoping for a few more Tudor vintage themed watches (please bring out the Big Block). It looks like Rolex will be releasing a new model, they are already teasing its release...my guess is a new GMT or world timer.

Other than that, I am hoping that Stowa releases a new diver, with a fresh case design and Sinn releases a new U-series watch, hopefully in a 42mm size.

·
8,164 Posts
I expect a Swiss answer to the smartwatch 'threat'. Snap-on modules, smart bands or complete watches. I'm still not overly interested. What I hope for are really thought after re-editions from major brands. I know, tacky and not very original but I like that :D

·
8,164 Posts
BTW, I would really like to visit that venue some time. I have been to the CeBit in Hannover once (all expense paid trip) and that was overwhelming. I have visited the Spring High-End Show in my home town twice. This is not a show to take the missus to :D If you think we are nerdy about our stuff, visit a High-End show sometimes. You can see guys there who bought a pair of 50,000 Euro 500 Watt Class-A mono-blocks a year ago already ordering their successors because they contain even more unobtanium :D Their extremely bored spouses always 3 Feet behind them. CeBit idem ditto. Basel could make nice vacation. Although hurtful to the pocketbook I guess :D

·
Super Moderator
20,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd love to see all of that Guys ! :smile-thumb: :smile-thumb2:

Here's hoping this year is just as great as the previous years have been, and that the different watch companies can keep pouring it on. :)

You'd think once in a while a year might be disappointing, but it never seems to happen thankfully !

By the way GW, it would be awesome to go to Baselworld on a vacation !!!

I mean that would be just like Disneyworld is like for kids for all of us. I hope you can go to it some time. Thanks a lot for your 2 cents guys !

·
8,164 Posts
I'd love to see all of that Guys ! :smile-thumb: :smile-thumb2:

Here's hoping this year is just as great as the previous years have been, and that the different watch companies can keep pouring it on. :)

You'd think once in a while a year might be disappointing, but it never seems to happen thankfully !

By the way GW, it would be awesome to go to Baselworld on a vacation !!!

I mean that would be just like Disneyworld is like for kids for all of us. I hope you can go to it some time. Thanks a lot for your 2 cents guys !
A one day pass is $60 and the return flight to Basel from Amsterdam about the same amount. Not a vacation but still affordable if you are really into watches.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think the trend of new watches based on older designs (at least appearance wise) will continue apace or even increase. Of course we will see more and more houses come out with in house movements as generic movement supplies dwindle.
I bet we see more alternate materials for cases. The brass case thing is getting more and more popular. Maybe scandium?
I would really love to go to Baselworld. I am probably of a lower class economically than the average attendee but someone has to buy the $3000.00 dollar watches. I suspect that I would experience sensory overload surrounded by all that horology

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24,307 Posts
Definitely an event that is on my bucket list. Of course, I would want to attend with FULL PRESS credentials so I had full access to everything. Then I think it would be a watch enthusiasts dream trip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.